• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE 3 Step Guide to Overclock Your i7 / i5 Haswell Platform

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dam, nice. Can you tell me how high you can get your mem at 4.9 with cinebench stability? cheers

I had no success running Cinebench @4.9 with my AIO cooler. :shrug: Freezing/BSOD even at DDR3-1600 speed. Perhaps I've reached the thermal limits of my cooling?

I tested at 48x and was able to complete this:

Attachments

Hey guys, haven't posted on the forums in quite some time, but after reading through the OC guide I decided to give my 4670k a try, and see what she was capable of.

I've gotten 4.688 Ghz stable at 1.188V (set as 1.180 in BIOS). 4.8 Ghz needs almost 1.3V, which I found odd. I've tried increasing my memory speed (Patriot Viper DDR3 1600) but it wont go a lick above stock without boot failure.

I've attached an image of an IBT run I completed. The OC was done on a Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H and was cooled with a Corsair H55. I haven't done much overclocking since the LGA775 days...How did I do? :)

EDIT: My bad on the image attachment...can't read the text unless you right-click and view the image in another tab.

Attachments

• OC.jpg
    OC.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Right had a little more time today to carry on the under volt project ....

So i am getting bios @ 1.140 cpu vore @4.3 ghz full load not 100% stable touch & go but if i do vcore @ 1.142 its stable see pic i know load says 50% load but did not catch screen capture in time what do you think .....

haswellundervolt1140crop.jpg

going to try 4.4 ghz n above @ 1.150volts

ta sy

@jamesman

4.688 Ghz stable at 1.180 is good

i do like these haswells re.clocks per cycle in terms of power ratio is great

Last edited:
I had no success running Cinebench @4.9 with my AIO cooler. :shrug: Freezing/BSOD even at DDR3-1600 speed. Perhaps I've reached the thermal limits of my cooling?

I tested at 48x and was able to complete this:

nice
Hi What are your temps

Hey guys, haven't posted on the forums in quite some time, but after reading through the OC guide I decided to give my 4670k a try, and see what she was capable of.

I've gotten 4.688 Ghz stable at 1.188V (set as 1.80 in BIOS). 4.8 Ghz needs almost 1.3V, which I found odd. I've tried increasing my memory speed (Patriot Viper DDR3 1600) but it wont go a lick above stock without boot failure.

I've attached an image of an IBT run I completed. The OC was done on a Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H and was cooled with a Corsair H55. I haven't done much overclocking since the LGA775 days...How did I do? :)

EDIT: My bad on the image attachment...can't read the text unless you right-click and view the image in another tab.

4.688 Ghz at 1.188V is amazing from what I have read. I'm confused as to why you have 1.80 set in BIOS. Are we missing something (and I might be:shrug:).

I just want to make sure that you don't Fry/Bonk/Hurt the Great O/C you have.:salute:

4.688 Ghz at 1.188V is amazing from what I have read. I'm confused as to why you have 1.80 set in BIOS. Are we missing something (and I might be:shrug:).

I just want to make sure that you don't Fry/Bonk/Hurt the Great O/C you have.:salute:

Oh my, I just now noticed the error in my post! I'm sorry, I meant 1.180, not 1.80. That'd be horrible! :shock:

I've gotten 4.688 Ghz stable at 1.188V (set as 1.80 in BIOS). 4.8 Ghz needs almost 1.3V, which I found odd. I've tried increasing my memory speed (Patriot Viper DDR3 1600) but it wont go a lick above stock without boot failure.

Looks good to me...:thup:
Do you have a typo? Should be... ("set at 1.180 in BIOS").
Does your motherboard auto set bclk to 99.77? Can you run default 100?

Right had a little more time today to carry on the under volt project ....

So i am getting bios @ 1.140 cpu vore @4.3 ghz full load not 100% stable touch & go but if i do vcore @ 1.142 its stable see pic i know load says 50% load but did not catch screen capture in time what do you think .....

going to try 4.4 ghz n above @ 1.150volts

ta sy

What are you running your memory and uncore at?

Hi polroger

its all new this under over clocking so i am a little unsure what you mean by uncore

I know that the memory is set at xmp 1600 9 9 9 24 std volt if that helps

just unsure re uncore if anything its untouched default maybe i am doing summit wrong

ta sy

Oh my, I just now noticed the error in my post! I'm sorry, I meant 1.180, not 1.80. That'd be horrible! :shock:

:thup: Thanks for that! - 4689.29Mhz:eek: at 1.180V.:D

Color me jealous/envious/joyous - all at once. If you don't mind me asking where did you get that 4670K from?

Looks good to me...:thup:
Do you have a typo? Should be... ("set at 1.180 in BIOS").
Does your motherboard auto set bclk to 99.77? Can you run default 100?

Yes, auto is 99.77 for some reason. Even when I manually set it to 100, it kinda hovers around 99.8. Is there another feature you know of that might cause this? Also yes, huge typo on my part! What a difference the number 1 makes, huh? :shock:

:thup: Thanks for that! - 4689.29Mhz:eek: at 1.180V.:D

Color me jealous/envious/joyous - all at once. If you don't mind me asking where did you get that 4670K from?

I bought it from Newegg on release day. The batch # is 313B427. I wonder how the chip might do with a real overclocking board and some tighter RAM.

nice
Hi What are your temps
My temps for that Cinebench run were okay... less stress/heat than running AIDA stress test at 47x. I have some earlier posts in this thread showing temps.

Hi polroger

its all new this under over clocking so i am a little unsure what you mean by uncore

I know that the memory is set at xmp 1600 9 9 9 24 std volt if that helps

just unsure re uncore if anything its untouched default maybe i am doing summit wrong

ta sy

CPU cache/Uncore/NB speed will show under CPUz Memory tab as NB Frequency... My ASUS board will auto set to 39x or 3900MHz. Running your uncore at 1:1 can increase performance but can also be harder to stabilize as your raise overclocks and or memory speeds. Here I'm running 200Mhz less than 1:1

Attachments

In case anyone missed it in the guide, try to keep cache frequency (NB frequency in CPUz) within 100-300 MHz of your CPU frequency.

Yes, auto is 99.77 for some reason. Even when I manually set it to 100, it kinda hovers around 99.8. Is there another feature you know of that might cause this? Also yes, huge typo on my part! What a difference the number 1 makes, huh? :shock:

I bought it from Newegg on release day. The batch # is 313B427. I wonder how the chip might do with a real overclocking board and some tighter RAM.

I was wondering that too!!!! Then again if you can get that frequency stable with at a decent memory setting I wonder if it would make that much difference?:shrug:

From what I have read so far I don't think it would be that big or that much at all.

Thanks again for the info.

In case anyone missed it in the guide, try to keep cache frequency (NB frequency in CPUz) within 100-300 MHz of your CPU frequency.

How do you get it to 5GHz?

whats the voltage name for it?

been on SStage seems 5.3 is max for 4c8t load :(

Last edited:
How do you get it to 5GHz?

whats the voltage name for it?

been in SStage seems 5.3 is max for 4c8t load :(

I used 1.375v to bench wprime1024m stable. Cache was at 4.8 GHz at I think 1.3v. Not positive on the cache voltage, that's off the top of my head.

1.4v was good for superpi and wprime 32m at 5.1. Validated 5.2 at 1.425v. Then I stopped.

I used 1.375v to bench wprime1024m stable. Cache was at 4.8 GHz at I think 1.3v. Not positive on the cache voltage, that's off the top of my head.

1.4v was good for superpi and wprime 32m at 5.1. Validated 5.2 at 1.425v. Then I stopped.

I was talking about which volt for the nb speed XD

Max I got was 5.5 2c 1.725v nb 4500

1.6v 5.3 nb 4500 wprime stable

Need some ln2 should have some sometime this week

Also more gas for the torch since it has a cb :(

It's called CPU Cache Voltage in the M6E's UEFI and I set it at 1.3V for 4.8 GHz CPU Cache.

Back