• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel I7 3770K Basic Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yogesh12

Registered
Hi,

My Rig is,

I7 3770K
Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Corsair GS800W PSU
8GB Corsair Vengence Ram
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Nvidia GTX 660 TI

I have two questions...

1. Idle Temp of my CPU is 36c. Is it normal? Even with liquid cooling???

2. I want to overclock my cpu.. i want to be safe.. I dont like to touch bios all time.. so it will be onetime setup.. :)

Please guide me...

Idle temps are mostly irrelevant. Its load temps that matter. No ti mention we don't know your ambient temps anyway...that said, the h60 isn't great either (as good as midrange air Iirc) but will get u where u need to go.

Im mobile or I would link you, nut in the intel cpu section is a thread with all the stickies in it. Use the 25/26/2700l beginners thread as the procedure us the same. Just start with 1.25v for 4.5ghz since you have ivybridge.

Idle temps are mostly irrelevant. Its load temps that matter. No ti mention we don't know your ambient temps anyway...that said, the h60 isn't great either (as good as midrange air Iirc) but will get u where u need to go.

Im mobile or I would link you, nut in the intel cpu section is a thread with all the stickies in it. Use the 25/26/2700l beginners thread as the procedure us the same. Just start with 1.25v for 4.5ghz since you have ivybridge.

thanks man... is 4.5 a safe one?? i am considering some extra speed without affecting life... i saw in many websites that h60 liquid cooler is best so oly i bought it :( costed around $100 (in india)... mostly my pc will be in AC room. So 28-32 will be idle temp...

i am able to overclock.. but i din set any llp... my temp easily increases.. between 85~95.. i have Corsair H60 air cooler..

Back