• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pentium(R) dual-core CPU E6500 2.93 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm doing great. :)

If he is going to get a decent cooler, I say that it might be Worth it. But, if he is going to get the cheapest after market cooler it might not be Worth it at all. 2 to 300mhz wouldn't make his games any better then they are right now. We don't even know what graphic card he is using. The bottleneck on his games, might just be the graphic card being used.

Too bad the op doesn't have a better mobo, all the Pentium E6300 and 6500 I overclocked could do 4.0ghz, I even had a few which could do 4.5ghz 24/7 stable.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for all the responses! I will probably get better cooling system. Some time near future(2weeks or so). As for now i gues it's better off being on default settings. I realy do appreciate all this new knowledge, it may come in handy when i get better cooling system.

i dont think you can pump that much more out of your system. weak CPU + weak GPU wont yeld that much more even OCed to the sky.

Play your games at 720p resolution and your setup should play fine. There is no way, this video card can give good gaming at medium to high settings at 1080p.

Play your games at 720p resolution and your setup should play fine. There is no way, this video card can give good gaming at medium to high settings at 1080p.

How can i play games 720p??? no such setting in games. Do you mean screen resolution?

He mean that you cant play and have somewhat good IQ (image quality) at higher than 720p with this kind of hardware.

Whats your screen resolution ?

Keep your games at 1360x768 or below, and you should be able to play fine on your hardware. Some games might play fine at 1600x900 on your hardware, but, you'll have better results if you keep your gaming resolution @ 1360 or below.

I see... I have 1920x1080

Then sadly, you computer is way to "slow" to have decet FPS + good IQ at that resolution.

My HTPC have a 2500k and a GTS450 and IMO, it lack GPU horsepower even for the light gaming i do on this rig. ( Worms or similar are 60fps all the time )

Then sadly, you computer is way to "slow" to have decet FPS + good IQ at that resolution.

My HTPC have a 2500k and a GTS450 and IMO, it lack GPU horsepower even for the light gaming i do on this rig. ( Worms or similar are 60fps all the time )

SO when i play game on fullscreen i need to choose 1280x720 res. Well if that will improve overall quality and fps i see no bad side in doing so. (ofc the image will be a bit worse)

playing at lower resolution than the best resolution that your screen can display wont help with IQ but will help your GPU to keep acceptable FPS.

Some simple maths
1280x720=921600 pixels
1920x1080=2073600 pixels

1080p VS 720p is "2 times harder" to display.

Back