• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Deathstar Mod (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my damn 160gb WD hard-drive registers at 127gb i think i might mod it...
But it works and no reason to waste it. lol i'm cheap.

arabarabian said:
When my deathstar goes I would like it to has as good of death.
Jynxed! :X , i think i got my bros deathstar around here, he had alot of crap on it and we put a new hd in his comp and used deathstar as backup and when he booted it , it no longer worked anymore, it was the 75gb version. Im gonna search and destroy :X , the only right full death is a 8lb sledge full force and some gas!

i like the idea of the thermite, it sounds faily easy to make (i googled it ^_^ - CAUTION DANGER :mad: BE WARNED :mad: this stuff will eat through a car, it's engine, the pavement...china - iron oxide [rust] + aluminum filinos [aluminum shavings] + 1 magnesuim lighting strip = one heck of a show!)

WOW that brings back memories of OfficeSpace.
HAHA

I cant wait to use my friends long bow and attempt a piercing of some computer part :D

I have an OLD Mac printer which may get a good Christian burial. BURIAL VIA BOTTLE ROCKETS AND GASOLINE!!!!!111one muahaha. Unless somebody needs it. It works, but it has no cables. So I guess I'll take it to the store first.

Nobody makes the *** cables either. Apple Super Serial.

OKJEFF4 said:
Wow that's ignorant. When do you use Macs? They work quite well.

I'm sorry, I apologize... I recognize that sometimes a mac can do what it's supposed to - but all of my experiences with Macs have been bad, and I wouldnt mind putting a pile of thermite on top of them either

nova7 said:

One word: Partition Magic

That fixed my 180 that only registered 120. FDisk couldnt fix it, but PM did.

Now for the real mod: glue it back together and plug it in! :D

Thermite the hell out of it first :D

Crappy laptop, surplus armor peircing rounds, 2 30-round clips, booze, shooting range and an AR15. You would not believe how big a hole is left in the back of a HDD or how easy it is to get to the platters inside (nicely aerodynamic after) from its former casing. The guy had brought the laptop out since it had died at work and he was the head of the tech department for his company. He gave the "holy" disks to the guy who killed the system and as far as I know, it is still being given out as, "The Tech Idiot of the Month" award!

Nice work and I whole heartily agree with the thermite!

nova7 said:

Ummm..you probably don't want to do that. you're getting 127GB because you don't have large disc support in either your BIOS or Windows or both. you might need a BIOS update and then install Service Pack 1 from microsoft. You should get the full capacity after that. Sorry for the threadjack, Just wanted to keep someone from making a BIG mistake :D. Nice mod btw. :D

nova7 said:

Sry about my threadjack as well, but how the heck did you plan on modding it to go back to 160gigs?

Zoltan

Anyone have a high speed camera? I have a mod like this in mind but I will need to figure out where the pieces go...errr went.

lmao, I havent been here in ages, and this is the first post i looked at, lol, looks fun, I have a few HDD's sitting around here, maybe i'll come up with some 'interesting' ways of destroy...er..I mean 'Modding' them :)

Back