• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so where does every1 mine LTC? also What do you mine with? im mining with a GUI right now its meh

Hmmm, had a bunch of problems with my 6950...finally got guiminer to work with give-me-ltc.com for a while, then stopped it to try an oc and when starting up again got nothing. Tried a few workers, mirrors, no go. :(
Tried another pool same problem.
any ideas?

Cgminer is hardly difficult. In fact, the give me ltc site has a script which you put your settings into and it outputs the line you add to the target line...

im trying it and CGminer is give me APPcrash
im using
Code:
color 02
cgminer --scrypt -o [url]http://pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080[/url] -u trekky.5870 -p 123 --shaders 1600 --intensity 10 --worksize 128 -g 1
in a .bat running cgminer 2.11.4 BTC CGminer works fine LTC no go
anything im missing?
note im trying with a 7970 and 5870 (in same computer)
tried this also
Code:
color 02
cgminer --scrypt -o [url]http://pool.give-me-ltc.com:8080[/url] -u trekky.5870 -p 123

Last edited:
found this article about some bitcoin trojan.

there is a trojan virus out on teh internet that is taking advantage of peoples computers by using them for nothing but mining bitcoins.

at first, i thought it steals other peoples coins. but it actually turns your machine into a "bit coin mining slave". people at kaspersky lab claim that this virus is also hard to detect (nice marketing strategy?).

is this the first time thats happend so far? or multiple times?

heres the article btw

EDIT: thanks for moving this thread mods! i had forgotten about this thread.

Last edited:
There are certain SDK's which are more beneficial to run (and it's different for BTC vs. LTC). Your python might be out of date for some software, but I doubt that since I haven't updated python on my mining rig for a while.

That trojan really isn't uncommon. There are people who have made sites that exploit java apps to mine on people's computers. Just be savvy while on the Internet and avoid shady sites having to do with BTC or LTC.

I got the GUI to run same speed a CGminer if you need help I can upload it for download

Mine is working now...aggression at 16, 387khash, 840hz core, 1325mhz ram. (6950, stock shaders and voltage, 60c max temp)
I need to rma my z77 board fast. I could use my cpu to fold and mine on the gpu!

there is a trojan virus out on teh internet that is taking advantage of peoples computers by using them for nothing but mining bitcoins.

at first, i thought it steals other peoples coins. but it actually turns your machine into a "bit coin mining slave". people at kaspersky lab claim that this virus is also hard to detect (nice marketing strategy?).

is this the first time thats happend so far? or multiple times?

heres the article btw

EDIT: thanks for moving this thread mods! i had forgotten about this thread.

I think it has happened before. I've heard people warning others about pirating software because they come laced with a virus for mining bitcoins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back