• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
turned off my miners for a couple days while its super warm, jeez its quiet and cold in here. and the kilowatt meter goes by soooo slow

I sold my 5850 and my 6990, profit on the 5850, loss on the 6990, total of 9 dollars loss, between the cards.

Got a 5770, thats going to mine 24/7 with free power.

Also got a bid on a 5870 ( i love them 5870's, they really put out, compared to the price, they sell at) Guy went outta town, so i have to wait, but looking at the big picture, im selling the 6990, and getting 5870, for less, then im getting for the 6990, and the 5870 mines better. (6990 GPU1 is not working)

i really love 5850s, they OC very well and almost hash as fast as 5870. 6950 flash-able to 6970 is my favorite

hopefully LTC makes it on mtgox or something, otherwise gpu mining is getting boring

i really love 5850s, they OC very well and almost hash as fast as 5870. 6950 flash-able to 6970 is my favorite

hopefully LTC makes it on mtgox or something, otherwise gpu mining is getting boring

The 5850 i had, oc'ed great, and kept really cool, but i couldnt push it beyond 370mh/s, while i can push the 5870 above 400 without even trying hard.

not...The whole gox thing seems to be a flop. :eh?:

Read this:

"runningmanz: @baritus320: Nice work on the diff

baritus320: It basically has an algorithm pegging DGC difficulty to make DGC 100% as profitable as the biggest currency that controls the market.

MattMoody: it ensures traders can trade, and it is worth it to miners at set times also. built to rise in price.

ivanlabrie: and it's working nicely

baritus320: So you will consistently see it attempt to do that for BTC at the moment, since that's the one controlling the miner market.

baritus320: The amazing thing is, I found that there are perfect ratios for settings when running simulation that seem to automatically work. It worked in testnet and it's working here.

MattMoody: @baritus320: no no baritus "DGC doesn't innovate, it's just a clone" lol

runningmanz: @MattMoody: hahaha

baritus320: Innovation doesn't have to be only in the algorithm used, it can be in the mathematics and the economy build into the coin."

Baritus is the developer behind Digital Coin.

That guy's tone sounds really familiar, he reminds me a lot of RealSolid before he went off the deep end.
The claims do too, really.

I've got no opinion on the guy, but he seems to be trying awfully hard to get the value to increase by having all these "real uses" and exchanges and markets, etc. Sounds like he knows something we don't know, or that he has A LOT of them.

i finally got my 7950 to mine. but its at stock clocks right now since i dont want to raise the temps up to 80c. the board im using is an Intel D945GTP. it has a PCIE 1.1 slot. huge bottle neck. worked better when it was in pcie 3.0 on my motherboard.

i contacted the guy on ebay and he said that he will be willing to take the Intel DP45SG for a full refund. i asked if he has a different intel board i can use...waiting for reply.

That guy's tone sounds really familiar, he reminds me a lot of RealSolid before he went off the deep end.
The claims do too, really.

He's not RS...not likely. Realsolid is trying to push his microcash proyect atm.

I've got no opinion on the guy, but he seems to be trying awfully hard to get the value to increase by having all these "real uses" and exchanges and markets, etc. Sounds like he knows something we don't know, or that he has A LOT of them.

Well, I'm mining and trading...wait and see. :popcorn:
But the truth is the coin has been at 100%+-10% for ages now (since it came out)

i finally got my 7950 to mine. but its at stock clocks right now since i dont want to raise the temps up to 80c. the board im using is an Intel D945GTP. it has a PCIE 1.1 slot. huge bottle neck. worked better when it was in pcie 3.0 on my motherboard.

i contacted the guy on ebay and he said that he will be willing to take the Intel DP45SG for a full refund. i asked if he has a different intel board i can use...waiting for reply.

Bandwidth shouldn't make any difference, your config must be wrong or your psu is not enough?

Bandwidth shouldn't make any difference, your config must be wrong or your psu is not enough?

how about a pentium 4 641 processor? the card worked better when i was testing it on my core i5 desktop. the Pentium 4 641 is just my spare tire right now. until then, i will have to send the Intel DP45SG back for a different board that guy on ebay may have for me. he is willing to give me a refund.

WOW that bitcoin difficulty increase put litecoin back to 120% profitability

Bitcoin price needs to go up

cough, dgc...cough, told ya guys :p

What does that even mean? I've been mining longer than most of you guys have even know about crypto-currencies. I've been very profitable the whole time, and I've never done any of the bull crap coin switching. Since people see that difficulties go up for BTC, then they mine the crap out of the other coins, and then the same thing just happens to the other coins. In the mean time, I just continue to mine the most established coin (by far) and make a nice profit without any extra work.

WOW that bitcoin difficulty increase put litecoin back to 120% profitability

Bitcoin price needs to go up

It does need to go up. It may just be a pipe dream, but people are still predicting $300-$1000 by the year's end. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back