• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge (3770K & 3570K) Results and Discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I must say OCing pass 4.7 Ghz on water is not that easy. I got a Asus P8Z77 Pro from Frys over lunch and struggling to get to 4.8 Ghz with the 3570k. 4.5 Ghz will run at stock volts, to get to 4.7 Ghz require quite a lot more, my ambient is a toasty 28C here today so I'm sure that does not help

4.8Ghz, average load temp after 1 hour of load = 84C. Can probably do 4.9 but temps too high for my liking.

Loc2.png
I notice from your ss with the MVE that you running PLL at 2v and VCCSA abd VCCIO both at 1.15v, have you tried lower volts?

Heh yeah that's what Ive been saying for weeks but many people seem to think they can go ahead and clock to 5Ghz like this is SB. Im running 2x dual heatercores with quad 120mm on high speed so Im not sure what kind of H20 someone has to have to run 5Ghz.. Even a low volt gem chip would push a ton of heat from the Mhz alone.

Ltest2.jpg

Yeah less works fine, as does undervolting. I was just experimenting with memory and bclk at the time. You can probably drop PLL to 1.6 if you want.

I found 4.7 to be the point where you start to need a lot more volts for your oc. Like ~1.3v for 4.6 but 1.375v for 4.8 and quite a bit more for 4.9 and upwards. Im taking AIDA64 stability here not 32M or whatever.

I found 4.7 to be the point where you start to need a lot more volts for your oc. Like ~1.3v for 4.6 but 1.375v for 4.8 and quite a bit more for 4.9 and upwards. Im taking AIDA64 stability here not 32M or whatever.

Spot on, I tried to get to 4.8 the way I OC a 2600k and it was just one big fail. The vcore vs GHz runs exponentially from 4.5 Ghz onward. I did get to 5 Ghz but took more than 1.5v and was not even close to stable.

Bottom line here folks is that if you game etc stay with SB if you have it already. For benching IB is only worth it if you go extreme cooling, and SS does not count.

Spot on, I tried to get to 4.8 the way I OC a 2600k and it was just one big fail. The vcore vs GHz runs exponentially from 4.5 Ghz onward. I did get to 5 Ghz but took more than 1.5v and was not even close to stable.

Bottom line here folks is that if you game etc stay with SB if you have it already. For benching IB is only worth it if you go extreme cooling, and SS does not count.

I think SS stable I managed 5.4 - 5.5 thats stable!! on DICE went to 5.7 - 5.8

Now later in week will try LN2 so maybe 6.0 or better, we shall see.....

Heh yeah that's what Ive been saying for weeks but many people seem to think they can go ahead and clock to 5Ghz like this is SB. Im running 2x dual heatercores with quad 120mm on high speed so Im not sure what kind of H20 someone has to have to run 5Ghz.. Even a low volt gem chip would push a ton of heat from the Mhz alone.

Ltest2.jpg

Yeah less works fine, as does undervolting. I was just experimenting with memory and bclk at the time. You can probably drop PLL to 1.6 if you want.

I'm really liking those blue fans

Coolermaster R4s, I have about 20 of em haha.

New CPU-Z says my chip is E1, not sure what that means at this point though.

Last edited:
Here is a "quick" IntelBurnTest at 48X... peak temps got too hot for my taste!
CPUZ was reporting ~1.416v (idle) with LLC set @ 50% and drooping to ~1.356v (load) cooled under water.

i53570K48GhzIntelBurntest.png

Seems like a retail to me as it doesnt say ES on it or in CPUZ but I dunno for sure as it was sent to me. CPUZ reported ES for every ES chip I ever had. :shrug:

Crazy 2 programs one no ES the other ES haha never seen that before maybe a update Core Temps needed?

Anyway nice work and system :thup:

Messing around tonight, had a CBB at -75C and CB at -108C. Tried LN2 mode, various CPU voltages from 1.5V to 1.7V, made no difference. Once it hit -108C at the base of the pot, the system locked up.

Was only running 4.8GHz and modest RAM frequency. Going to try again tomorrow with different CPU PLL settings. Anyone heard lower and upper ranges for CPU PLL? I only went between 1.8V and 1.85V tonight.

Here's my first stable settings right off the bat first try, need to get memory tweaked in at 2133, was just trying for cpu stability on a 11.5 hour prime run. These setting get me 55c in BF3 which is a HUGE difference. Also after a day like this it seems all power saving features are enabled and 1600mhz idle @ .924v to 4.5ghz @ 1.2v works flawlessly.

Attachments

• 4.5 on.jpg
    4.5 on.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 4.50 0ff.jpg
    4.50 0ff.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 320
Messing around tonight, had a CBB at -75C and CB at -108C. Tried LN2 mode, various CPU voltages from 1.5V to 1.7V, made no difference. Once it hit -108C at the base of the pot, the system locked up.

Was only running 4.8GHz and modest RAM frequency. Going to try again tomorrow with different CPU PLL settings. Anyone heard lower and upper ranges for CPU PLL? I only went between 1.8V and 1.85V tonight.

When I was on DICE @-74 or so I would run into a CB if I froze and would have to scrap the OC back to 4.5 and work back up managed 5.7 on DICE stable I did hear that if can get flakie in the upper end -100c, up wont know till Friday when I go LN2. Let me know how you make out and what was your high end so far? OH one thing I did find that helped was a VTT of 1.20 minor but seemed to work the PPL I had zero luck, some say it depends on your chip ect..... one last thing on the Gig boards they have LLC for dram,CPU and CPU VTT This I found really helped setting them all to MED. So pending your board they may be OFFSETS or whatever there called.

If anyone cares I'll share my overclocking and see what my I5 3450s will run tonight. I opted out of buying a 3570k because of the $250 price tag, msrp is $212 *sigh* so I decided not to throw $50 down the crapper and bought the 3450s for $199 which should still get me 4ghz....plenty fast for anything I do.

$25 over MSRP, much better!

Def want to hear about these results as a 24/7 or HTPC PC may be built of that chip...

If anyone cares I'll share my overclocking and see what my I5 3450s will run tonight. I opted out of buying a 3570k because of the $250 price tag, msrp is $212 *sigh* so I decided not to throw $50 down the crapper and bought the 3450s for $199 which should still get me 4ghz....plenty fast for anything I do.

PUT UP A THREAD WITH YOUR BENCHING AND INSITES!!! OF COURSE THERE A ppl that want to see it :)

Back