• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

jus ordered the dell 2007wfp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mofei1

i jus ordered this monitor for £285, thats with 35% discount. is that a good deal?? also i've been reading about the banding issues which have been solved with the new A02 revision. will i recieve the newer version?? thx

if google is right, " UK £ 285) U.S. dollars = 524.62800 U.S. Dollars" thats not exactly the best deal Ive heard they can be had for about ~440 I dont know if the additional cost is from the shipping or customs or whatever. But with regard to what rev you recieve, none of us will know for sure. You could always call and ask. Also I know some people here have been getting bad A01s and dell has been replacing them with A02's w/o any problems. So you should be ok.

Enjoy your new monitor

I'm thinking they might be a bit more expensive in the UK since dell IS based in the US... Maybe i'm wrong.

I just priced one out with a 3yr warranty, and without any coupons, it came to $391US shipped with taxes included. That is with their current deal that they have.

i think i have the same deal as u, no coupons used, jus the 35% they have up on offer. over here in uk we always pay more for out computer products which is insane!!

the msrp of the 2007wfp wiv no offer is £437 which is jus over $800 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i checked the us site and the msrp is $459 which is £250 :mad: :mad:

u americans are so lucky!!!

anyone who has bought from the uk how long did u have to wait for it to be delivered. on the site it says 5-7 days, but on the us site its 24hours. are they out of stock of summin?

mofei1 said:
i checked the us site and the msrp is $459 which is £250 :mad: :mad:

u americans are so lucky!!!

I was travelling abroad last month and I hear what your saying. But even though they charge you more in the UK, your still fortunate as you have an excellent selection albeit higher retail prices. I needed a $5 part for a built I was working on in the Mid East (Yes I'm glad I'm out of that region at this time) Anyway, I went to at least a dozen electronics stores and PC shops and the selection was just aweful, the cheapest generic items were priced outrageous, and it took me days to find the item I needed.

Back to the 2007FPW, it's hard to say if you will recieve a revision A00 or a revision A02. When I ordered a 2007fpw 6 weeks ago I recieved a A00, it had slight banding, I called Dell and they sent me a A02 in one day via Fedex. Time will tell what your recieve, keep us informed.

well jus got back from work and checked on the order status, and it has been dispatched.... now that is fast!!!

i should have it by thurs, fingers crossed i get the A02 revision and no dead pixels.

well jus an update, 2day my monitor arrived, couldnt be ne happier. i got the A02 revision from Czech Replublic which shows no noticeable banding in desktop mode. have yet to try the other modes but so far really impressed. no dead pixels either!!! :eek:

DSC00511.jpg

Back