• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM 690 II Advanced

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrokiller

...coming in 2010!

Anyone else looking forward to this? :D

sneakpeak.jpg

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/cm690ii/

Maybe if I knew what the thing would look like...

Until then, hearing a name means nothing to me.

I like that Cooler Master has realized that the 690 was about their most popular case in the long run. Seeing a reinvention of it should be interesting. I'll wait for pictures though.

It depends on what direction they take it. What I loved about the CM690 was the simplicity of it. It wasn't overly flashy, or have anything crazy or some unique shape to it. It was a very functional case, while maintaining that simple appeal, much like the Antec 300. If they expand on that, I think it'll be a great case. If they take it the direction of their newer cases, like the Sniper or Scout... Not so much.

The advanced in the name scares me. sounds like it'll be gaudy looking to me. I love the simplicity of my 690, a little style (not just a square box like it's little brother the 590) and very functional.

Looks like they'll be sticking with the simplistic design we all like about it. Interior seems to be painted all black by default as well, alongwith the back panel. Power/Rest buttons and other LEDs might be located at the top near the USB ports and headphone jack. Water cooling holes are now located at the top. Side panel fan placement is in line as well.

Doesn't seem like a worthy 'upgrade' for current CM690 owners like myself. Wouldn't expect a whole lot difference in interior design too. Looks more polished and refined basically. Point out any other little details for us if you can please.

360-degree view:
http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/360/RC-690K_360.swf

2v3kk0y.jpg
asdnh.jpg

Last edited:
I like the small changes. Basically like any updated version of the 690 with 2009 features. Black interior, more defined edges, CPU backplate hole I'm guessing as well...

I may pick one up.

Please tell me there's enough room for side fans with a big cpu cooler installed. I can't believe most companies don't think of this.

Please tell me there's enough room for side fans with a big cpu cooler installed. I can't believe most companies don't think of this.

i doubt it, unless it is physically wider tan the original (very unlikely). Though IMO it would be kind of pointless, all the side fan would do is blow air on the top of the heatsink.

Either that or just get rid of the upper fan position. Anybody that needs that many fans is going to have a big cooler.

Meh. Same issue with noise from top and side fans. No thanks. I did love my old CM690 but there are better cases in its price range.

Meh. Same issue with noise from top and side fans. No thanks. I did love my old CM690 but there are better cases in its price range.

Well I have no noise issues (don't and can't use the side fans though) I just removed the stock grills like I do with all cases. and better in it's price range would be a matter of opinion, because to me this is the best I found in it's price range.

Looks like they'll be sticking with the simplistic design we all like about it. Interior seems to be painted all black by default as well, alongwith the back panel. Power/Rest buttons and other LEDs might be located at the top near the USB ports and headphone jack. Water cooling holes are now located at the top. Side panel fan placement is in line as well.

Doesn't seem like a worthy 'upgrade' for current CM690 owners like myself. Wouldn't expect a whole lot difference in interior design too. Looks more polished and refined basically. Point out any other little details for us if you can please.

360-degree view:
http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/360/RC-690K_360.swf

2v3kk0y.jpg
asdnh.jpg
isn't that just the CM690 pure?
i was reading over at XS forums and that's what ppl are saying those pics are of.

AFAIK there's no pics of the Advanced yet :(

It looks like the bottom side fan will clear a big heatsink at least. With one in front, one in the side, and one coming in the bottom with 2 top exhausts and a single rear, that's plenty of airflow. I may just grab one of these if it improves on the first ones weaknesses. Looks pretty damn nice.

isn't that just the CM690 pure?
i was reading over at XS forums and that's what ppl are saying those pics are of.

I see what you're saying now. You mean the Pure Black version. The only difference was that it had the interior painted black and the window panel (cut like the shape of nvidia edition). I see that has the same order code i.e. RC-690K. But the pics/link I posted shows other changes to the front design as well.

PURE:
top4.jpg

'Advanced':
asdnh.jpg

ohh!
i see the differences now.
yeah the watercooling holes look like they're in different spots.
and the top section of the case is different.
the CM690 II advanced looks a bit sharper.

Back