• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the chance to buy the CoolerMaster for $180. Would that change your equation at all?

I have the chance to buy the CoolerMaster for $180. Would that change your equation at all?

No. I would spend the $40 for the EVGA.

The CoolerMaster has some serious ripple issues. They're within spec, albeit barely.
On the flip side, the EVGA beats out similar Seasonic units at ripple and voltage regulation.

I also couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a semi-modular PSU, but that's personal preference.

Also, if you register the PSU with EVGA, you will have a 10-year warranty.

Thanks, I am grateful for the advice. I see what you are saying. I will go with your suggestion!

Cheers

No. I would spend the $40 for the EVGA.

The CoolerMaster has some serious ripple issues. They're within spec, albeit barely.
On the flip side, the EVGA beats out similar Seasonic units at ripple and voltage regulation.

I also couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a semi-modular PSU, but that's personal preference.

Also, if you register the PSU with EVGA, you will have a 10-year warranty.
Right on the mark. :thup:

Update completed, again, if you notice anything worthy to be on there, let me know!

Diaz, can we get an update brotha?!!! :)

Spin through JG/TPU/[H] and see what has been shaking the past 4 months! :)

Update coming up shortly, I have been pretty loaded at work and home. Cheers

Update completed. I think I will do a cleanup of older PSUs and link them into another post in this thread.. Link it to that post in the OP. Does that sound good?

Update completed. I think I will do a cleanup of older PSUs and link them into another post in this thread.. Link it to that post in the OP. Does that sound good?

That's actually a good idea since a few of these are discontinued these days.

I'm looking at PSU in the high 500s-low 600s. Some are discontinued and the EVGA Supernova GS/G2 seems to be having quality problems with lots of DOAs. Any recommendations for under 600W and less than 100$, preferably 80 Plus Gold. Also, like to avoid any with coil whine problems :thup:

I'm looking at PSU in the high 500s-low 600s. Some are discontinued and the EVGA Supernova GS/G2 seems to be having quality problems with lots of DOAs. Any recommendations for under 600W and less than 100$, preferably 80 Plus Gold. Also, like to avoid any with coil whine problems :thup:

EVGA 550W G2. Haven't seen anything about DOA units on them...

Actually not lots of DOAs but some in the same timeframe, April-May. Just looking through the reviews on Amazon/Newegg :shrug:

Actually not lots of DOAs but some in the same timeframe, April-May. Just looking through the reviews on Amazon/Newegg :shrug:

I'd just go buy one... EVGA has the best customer service in the business if you happen to get a bad one.

well but rma, i never had any issues with OCZ when i had to use it for the Powerstream 520 i had. im about to pick some PSU's for these hex cores, im eyeing the CX450m units or the CX430 unit.

Back