• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Avoid ASRock!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind ASRock's products, but the company, ASRock USA....

A few months back I bought a new mobo. A month ago it took a dump. "Okay, no problem, I'll just RMA it," I though. It took TEN days of back-and-forth nonsense between ASRock USA and I before they even sent me an RMA number!

Eventually they sent me an RMA, but then told me I had to pay for shipping after stating very clearly that they cover shipping, which is further mentioned on their website. I gave in and paid for shipping. Many days after receiving it, they said I would be charged $50 for “warranty service.” I asked them why but they were ambiguous, and they would not state clearly the reason. Considering I only paid $115 for the mobo, I grew tired of dealing with their incompetence, so I just bought a new mobo on NewEgg.

Worse yet, the entire process was like dealing with a child. The people at ASRock write as if they are high-school dropouts. They have the grammar comprehension levels of an eighth grader. I find it ridiculously unprofessional they draft so-called “professional, corporate” e-mails with multiple spelling and grammatical errors. Even their website and user manuals contain significant English errors!

I did a bit of digging and found some ASRock-sponsored YouTube videos. Just 30 seconds into this video and I immediately understood why no one at ASRock knows how to communicate professionally.

Anyway, I have been working in the IT industry for six years now and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with any IT-related company. The largest mistake I have made was straying from Evga. Their mobos might die as often as any other company's, but at least they have stellar support.

Sucks. I'm running about 30-40 of their motherboards and have never had an issue. Don't get me started on Samsung customer service.

Well, that is Samsung. Any Samsung/ Dell/ Toshiba/ ect. is going to be garbage. I mean, when you are talking to "Tom" in India, of course you are not going to get much other than "have you tried restarting the computer?" Ha. But ASRock USA is based in the USA, and they manufacturer products for enthusiasts, not zombies that do nothing more than surf Facebook. Accordingly, I expect more. When I speak to corporate tech support for companies like Dell, Cisco, ect., I talk to guys who are CCIE, CISSP, ect, so they know their ****. But normal consumers get the bottom of the barrel.

Back