• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little upset at Newegg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superamd

I need to contact Silversinksam, I WILL BE BANNED
Yes, they have great service and really quick delivery. Yes, they sell high quality products at a low cost to the consumer. Yes, they have a great RMA/Exchange system. HOWEVER, when you receive your brand new mobile 2400 barton and a brand new albatron kx18d pro II (board has great reviews) and the board is DOA and you didnt sleep the night before because all you could think about is reaching the 2500mhz promised land, YOU ARE NOT A SATISFIED COSTOMER! I guess I will have to wait until monday.

don't blame newegg. its not a reseller problem is a manufacturer problem. newegg cannot test every part they sell so they trust the manufacturer has done their job and created a working product.

title should read: a little upset with albatron.

I dont hold newegg responsible for this at all. I have bought plenty of bad boards at frys and been able to take them back immedietly. For the price I will have a little patience. Its just the dissapointment that I felt when the system wouldnt post. When I do get a good board I was wondering if I can do a wire mod to make the chip into a 333 or if the L12 mod (same thing I think) is the only way to go? I would rather do the wire trick because it is reversable but maybe it doesnt work with the mobiles? ocinside.de does not seem to say anything about mobile chips.

Maxvla said:
don't blame newegg. its not a reseller problem is a manufacturer problem. newegg cannot test every part they sell so they trust the manufacturer has done their job and created a working product.

title should read: a little upset with albatron.

Agreed.
I love newegg. They are not responsible for DOA at all. Its either mishandling of the product by Fed-Ex or just Albatron sent out a bad board. Its not big deal, just rma it, newegg is pretty quick about it. Good luck with your overclocking!
:D

Matt

Hey I love newegg.com they even gave me a pen what else would you want lol.

Well, on the other hand, I buy the DOA's other people return. I love thier refurbished section, maybe it's just me but I've had at least 6-7 MB's not post until I got on one foot clucked like a chicken while spinning conterclockwise holding my left pinky toe to on the back of the CMOS battery.

98% of the time the MB will repost like a champ but that first one....

Most of us have found out the hard way what happens when you get a bad part from vendors other than newegg:

Countless hours on the phone, restocking fees, pay to ship defective parts back, having your credit card charged twice... dude if this had happened with some of those other places, you'd wait a month or more (not a joke) to get a replacement...

make sure the mobo is really dead, (2/3 times I couldn't get new parts to work at first) then ask them to cross ship and you should have a new board in three days or so...

P.S. Why did you get POS Albatron when overclocking champ Soltek nForce2 is only a couple of $ more...

Soltek is the only nForce2 board besides Abit that I know of that can post all multipliers on unlocked CPUs.

Others post lower range (12.5 and lower) or higher range (13 and higher) depending on what the default multiplier is. Others still post an even more limited number of multipliers.

The difference between different Soltek boards is the features.
All Soltek nForce2s are champion overclockers and are better boards than even more expensive Asus, etc.

Edit: DFI (which came out later) is the third nForce2 board posting all multipliers on unlocked CPUs.

Last edited:
lol sorry man I hope mines not doa I just received my board yesterday. But I still need a heatsink to get it all running

DFI is my brand of choice when it comes to motherboards, there BIOS are something to behold for an O\C.

Anyways, it sucks your motherboard apparently doesn’t want to work but be thankfully your not out in the cold like some people (like me) having to buy parts over a month or so because your poor.

I have read a lot of reviews and this albatron board is pretty awesome (if it posts). People are getting it up to 230-240 fsb. Lets see if I can do the same.

superamd said:
I have read a lot of reviews and this albatron board is pretty awesome (if it posts). People are getting it up to 230-240 fsb. Lets see if I can do the same.

I’m not saying any of that is untrue or anything, but where are you getting some of these reviews from? If you’re getting them straight from newegg I’d personally be a little cautious, I’ve found in the past some of those reviews are nothing but B\S and remember most of the time you can post up a review someplace and not be held accountable for it.

If you wouldn’t mind link a couple of the reviews your sighting, I’m just curious as to what they have to say about the board. Personally I hadn’t heard great things about it, but then again I never put a whole lot of time into researching it.

Agree ... Soltek are champion OCers.

This "new" refurbed FRN2-RL is now running 100% stable
at 248fsb. No mods of course.
These are awsome boards! Just wish they had higher Vcore
settings (1.85v top) and the four holes around the CPU socket.
Oh, the ATX and P4 header locations leave a bit to be
desired too.

Can't ***** too much though, top performance without the
top price. Especially since this refurb was only $44 shipped. :D

c627627 said:
Soltek is the only nForce2 board besides Abit that I know of that can post all multipliers on unlocked CPUs.

My Albatron KX18D Pro II with the latest bios update supports from 6 to 15 :shrug: . It had those with the original bios too, FWIW. I don't understand why people trash talk stuff they haven't tried: I reached 220FSB stable on my Applebred duron (11x220) with geil value ram. It will run windows fine at 225FSB, but prime isn't stable (1.8V core). Could be my nearly silent Zalman heatsink holding me back though...

At any rate, that Albatron board is great, beats the Epox in one review that I saw linked on this site, and seems to do as well or better than the asus or abit boards when equally setup.

*Edit* - I just checked the bios, and it has multipliers from 5 to 24

can you actually select anything over x13 and get a POST, if yes then its another board that we should add to the list of 5 fid bit supporting boards.

The Coolest said:
can you actually select anything over x13 and get a POST, if yes then its another board that we should add to the list of 5 fid bit supporting boards.

Hadn't tried it, but apparently you can.

Attachments

• applebred20x100.jpg
    applebred20x100.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 268
Back