• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mito

What max speed can I reach overclocking the xp2700?
Will an a7n8x perform better than an a7v8x-x? The a7v8x-x is much cheaper.

Thanks.

Mito

On air, you can probably reach between 2.3 and 2.4GHz. Keep in mind it's stock clock is 2.17GHz, but If you drop the multi and raise the fsb, the performance will be better. Since the price has dropped so much, it's not too bad of a deal currently, but just about every 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB is performing as well, and for half the price (I just bought one myself).

Yes, A7N8X is a better board than the A7V8X. Nforce2 is a much better chipset.

mattspalace said:
Since the price has dropped so much, it's not too bad of a deal currently, but just about every 1700+ DLT3C JIUHB is performing as well, and for half the price (I just bought one myself).

Hi,

I appreciate your answer. What makes the "1700+ dlt3c jiuhb" such a great overclocker?

I'm aware it's tbred B, but the 2700 is tbred B as well. Also the 1700 Jiuhb's stock clock is approx. 1.5Ghz, right? Therefore, its clock is increased by almost a 1Ghz? That's alot.

Mito

yes but its just a much much better chip to "overclock", the default of 1.5ghz doesnt matter it can overclock ALOT mroe then the 2700+. read around on the forums u'll see most ppl are getting atleast 2.3ghz with any 1700+ Tbred-b...

i used to have a 2700 & i got it to 2.41 stable, not a great ocing chip, but a great overall chip nonetheless

I guess the max speed you can get an xp2700 to all depends on your cooling method :)

Im running mine at the moment as per my sig :)

I can do x12 on the multi and hoping for x12.5 after some more testing.

space

Back