• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Retail Edge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My brother is... I think everyone at his work should buy one of those chips and if not use it then sell it and make some money. It is like around 100 for that 3770k right now? Buy it and put that chip up on ebay or maybe sell them to some people who will fold with it haha.

That's illegal and will possibly cost you your job if they find out, which would be quite easy ; [by keeping track of the CPU hardware numbers sold through Intel Retail Edge]

@op, don't ask someone to buy a CPU for you it's illegal and you could [probably will] get into trouble on this forum

Not sure its illegal but its probably frowned on you could probably loose your retail edge status and most likely if your retail edge in a big corp you will get crapped on by your Superior.

But as far as illegal lots of people have done retail edge and then done the warranty if needed for their sold to customers personally and never seen a issue.

last time i warranted a cpu was like 3 years ago so its a gamble but not much of one.

Lol, I highly doubt one would lose their job over this or get a talking to by their supervisor. The retailers have NOTHING to do with this, why would they care?

It is definitely against Intel's agreement to sell the chip though. Not that that actually means much. But even mentioning it at OCN will get you a forum vacation.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have suggested doing that. That said, I know my brother is getting one since he was already interested in building a computer. I want other people he works with to know how good of a deal it is though, ( I was shocked) and really hope they get in the hands of folders. Anyway sorry for saying that wrong way to motivate people...

Last edited:
We would rather have you keep the chips or whatever products that you get with the Retail Edge program. This program is a heck of deal for a lot of people out there and we put a lot of effort into having it paying off for them. (I should know I do some of the writing for them).

Yep, its a great deal, had a friend who worked for BB, told him about it and he built a new computer :D

Back