• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestion for new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcpangs

My MSI K9A2 CF-F mobo was just stolen (long story) and i need a better replacement. Here's is the specs of my K9a2 cf-f mobo. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130138

Im looking for a mobo with at least 6 usb ports, any intergrated video card(for video card t/s) and a mobo that is compatible with:

PROC: AMD Phenom II x3 720 2.8gb Black Edition
RAM: DDR2 866 TeamXtream Dark Edition 2*2gb
V.CARD: Sapphire HD4770 512mb and im planning to upgrade it to a 6850 or 6080 in 3months and i might do crossfire in the future.
PSU: 700watts Hec couger
HEATSINK:Ice Blade pro

Im planning to overclock my phenom and i want a mobo that will take full advantage of it. Probably something that can enable the 4th core if possible. any suggestions?

A budget would be good - how much are you looking to spend? And I guess I'm dense this morning, do you want on- board video?

Offhand, if you're looking for on-board video and a solid OC'er then the ASUS M4A89GTD is a good board ...

A budget would be good - how much are you looking to spend? And I guess I'm dense this morning, do you want on- board video?

Offhand, if you're looking for on-board video and a solid OC'er then the ASUS M4A89GTD is a good board ...

Price really doesnt matter, as long its a good board that will be usefull for many years then its a go. But of course I would like to spend a goodboard for less price.. :D i'll check on that asus. Thanks for the suggestion

i guess I cant really use this board since im still using my DDR2 ram.. a good board anyway..

True. You didn't mention it and I didn't think of it.

The 790GX chipset is what you need to look for, then. I'd try to find a Gigabyte UD3 or UD4 or an ASUS in AM2+ variety. Newegg won't have them, maybe Amazon would still have some ...?

Will Asrock K10N78M Pro be a good mobo for my phenomi x3 720 and Radeon HD4770?

Back