• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Unlock - MSI 870A-G54 & AMD PhenomII x2 545

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeonabyss

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had success unlocking the AMD PhenomII x2 545 CPU w/ the MSI 870A-G54 board... I just purchased these 2 components (after much information gathering) and it seemed like this process (unlocking the 3rd and 4th core) was/should be much simpler...

I keep having the same problem:
I go into the BIOS and enable the "Unlock CPU core" option, when I F10 (save and exit) the machine just instantly shuts off for ~5 sec then restarts to blank screen w/ fans running. I can reset my bios via the jumper and it fixes it, bringing it back to base setting, but no unlocked cores.

I have the updated BIOS 17.7 (current) and can't seem to get these cores to unlock / be stable....

thanks in advance!

Yeah.. I've tried just about everything, but I cannot seem to adjust any of the Proc. voltages in the CMOS. Also, My PSU only had a 4 pin connector and the motherboard had an 8 pin ATX power plug... idk if that might be an issue. If it is, do they make line converters for like 2 molex to 8pin ATX ?

Back