• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your sound system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JethroJay

I'm just asking what sound system everyone has!

I got a 500W car amp connected up to my 12V on my computer
My computer sound is been fed to the amp by a 3.5mm to RCA cable
then I got a female 3.5mm headphone cable, cut the end off and connected them up to the outlet on the amp and connected my headphones up to that.

Lets say this, 10% and my headphones rattle off my head!

There's my amp on the computer, the blue cable is the 3.5mm to RCA how my amp gets sound to it! It's LOUD to say the least!

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 223
What headphones do you have that you are using with the car amp?

Computer is also a music server and HD internet radio receiver. :D

The black strips at the bottom of the pic are the tops of the speakers

Just realized how crappy the pics are. Amp is a Marantz PM7200. The box next to it is a Marantz SA8260 SACD player. The black cable behind and below the computer is a speaker cable.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20140731.JPG
    Snapshot_20140731.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Snapshot_20140731_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20140731_1.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Nothing too fancy, nad t748, mirage m-490is, tannoy center and surrounds, and a monitor audio fb 210. Also have an 8 inch tannoy sub tucked away. It's ok, but there is much better. I would like to get a power amp to drive my setup, I have other speakers to replace the tannoys, for now they fit ok, we are moving soon tho.

So long as you like them, although I think the car amp could ruin higher quality headphones if not careful. I'll be able to get some pics of part of my headphone collection(Only have the Beyer T90, DT990s, and Senn HD650 left that were in storage) and amp (the WooAudio WA7 was the only amp I didn't have in the house.... lol) that were in storage and avoided the fire when I get things set back up. Reminds me to drain and check loop for contaminents for sitting 2 months in storage on the main pc.

I currently have an Asus Xonar Essence STX with M-Audio BX5 D2's, Audio Technica ATH AD900X, and M50s.

PC: Klipsch S3 plugged into splitter adapter, plus a 100 ohm series adapter for the headphone side. That's pretty much only used for games so the audio quality of the onboard is more than good enough.

Music setup: 5.5G classic iPod running Rockbox plugged into homemade TI hybrid digital amplifier (HVIC based, http://ecorenovator.org/forum/appliances-gadgets/358-amanda-harris-prius-home-audio.html ), then connected to some garage sale bookshelf speakers and a pair of 12" Polk Audio subwoofers with a homemade crossover.

TV: S/PDIF from the 55" Samsung TV to an Onkyo digital receiver and a Jamo speaker set. Hardly an ideal setup as the power use of the Onkyo (50W) is enough to largely defeat the efficiency claims of the LED backlit TV (70W), but the TV's built in speakers are horrible.

I also have an old Philips digital amplifier that I currently no longer use as it's so old that the homemade TI actually performs better.

Nothing fancy, was going for size and cheap since I keep telling myself I'll upgrade at some point.

Amp - Pyle PTA2 (the 40w/chan. version) - it's a small room and I don't blast it, so distortion isn't noticeable
Speakers - 2xInfinity Primus P163s
Headphones - Beyer Dynamic Dt990 600 ohm variant
Source - Fiio E07K + E09K

I use a Yammie RX675 receiver, JBL studio fronts, surrounds, and center. Emotiva 10" sub. HT Omega Stryker sound card. Works great for me.

Back