• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! MSI k7ng help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

help, I think I killed my friends computer :(

we set the fsb to 200, the AGP to 70 and the multi to 10x (he has a 2600) and rebooted to a dead screen and two dead LEDs on the d-bracket.

reset the bois, nothing happened. reset again, nothing. tried everything, I feel horrible cuz I was the one who told him it wouldn't do anything...

system spins up normally, we're testing the vid card right now.

system:

AMD 2600+
MSI K7NG
OCZ pc3200
radeon 9700pro

help :(

so how would that kill the mobo? I've done a lot worse to my old nf7-s before with absolutely no problems...

i have a k7n2 delta in my garage that posted and ran fine at 210fsb and when i tried 215 it black screened and i have yet to get the board to post again. these msi nf2s are picky as hell ( i went through three k7n2s to get one to boot properly and its the one now dead in the garage). it may have scrambled the bios in which case i believe msi has a help section on how to set up a self running bios flash boot disk, worth a shot in any case, gl.

I have the MSI k7n2-l board and I've found that the bios reset is very finicky. Sometimes the jumper works and sometimes it doesn't. Try resetting the bios the old fashioned way. Unplug your power supply, then turn on your computer (to drain the PSU). Remove the battery and then put the jumper in the reset position for a few secs. Now reverse the procedure and see if it boots.

The MSI nForce2 m/b's have a 'safe' boot mode jumper, that basically forces 100MHz FSB. The nForce2 m/b's have a problem recovering from a failed boot due to an excessive OC (at least the early ones do). Fortunately MSI was one of the few manufacturers to include the 'safe boot' jumper as per the nVidia reference board.

deadkenny said:
The MSI nForce2 m/b's have a 'safe' boot mode jumper, that basically forces 100MHz FSB. The nForce2 m/b's have a problem recovering from a failed boot due to an excessive OC (at least the early ones do). Fortunately MSI was one of the few manufacturers to include the 'safe boot' jumper as per the nVidia reference board.

that was it. I thought it was a bunch of crap since I've never had to use it on any of my boards when I get a failed boot. :p

Back