• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silencer switch question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glock19owner

Ok...first of all...not sure if this is in the right place or not...sue me if it isn't...I think I have a few pennys to my name right now :D...

Secondly...I have asked this question a few times in my mod thread and still no answers...

Finally the question...

Does anyone know what the wattage/amp rating of the switch is on the back of the Silencers?...(Fan Speed Controller)

Reason why I ask is...I modded a YS Tech 60mm fan to the Silencer and was wondering if the switch would be able to handle the YS Techs...I plan on using that switch for a 7 volt mod...if it can handle the YS Tech fan that is...

40cfm YS Tech Specs:

12vdc
0.60A
7.2w
6800rpm
40.1cfm
48.2dBA

I take it we have no one that knows...even though it seems a lot of people are using the Silencer...

not on the switch...if so I didnt catch it...

Didnt see anywhere about what volt/amps the switch could handle...

This is the last thing I need to know to completely finish my Silencer mod :D...

Instead, I elected to make some hard numbers on the Silencer with my cooler testing rig, and my recently-purchased Sound Pressure Level meter.

Running from 12 volts, the Silencer's fan drew about 125 milliamps (mA) when running at full power - a modest 1.5 watts. It was considerably quieter than any 1.5 watt 80mm case fan I've ever heard, though.

At low power, it drew only 55mA; 0.66 watts.

I found this on a reviewers site

Back