• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sophisticated

I was lookin on the radioshack website for 1/2 watt resistors and i see some labled EX. 10k ohm or 47k ohm and some are just like 68 ohm is it the same as 68k ohms because i plan on using a 15k ohm resistor to do a vdimm mod on the P4C800-E Deluxe and i plan on using the guide shown here http://www.cluboverclocker.com/guides/voltage_mod/asus_p4c800-e/ the question im asking is they show the ohm i need as 15 if thats it..its shown as 15 ohm is it the same as 15k ohms??

15k is 15 THOUSAND ohms. 15 x 1000 (kilo) ohms. 15 ohms by itself is entirely different. If it says 15 and not 15k, then leave it alone if you need 15k.

dud ei kno how to do the volt mod i just need to kno which one of these do i use or all they all the same just in higher wattage...is it that hard to tell me

Use the metal film ones.

Keep in mind that if you use those versus a VR, then you are stuck at whatever voltage you end up with versus being able to adjust it.

yes i kno and i dont mind being stuck there its enuff right now..and also... do i use 1/2 watt Resistor 1/4, 1/8, or 1 watt resistor??? or can i use any because they will act the same????

You can use any for what we are dealing with.

I use whatever is in stock at my local stores, but I prefer the 1/2 watters just for the peace of mind.

Any will do fine because the power draw is small, as well as the current involved.

Back