• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Kingston HyperX Genesis LoVo 2x8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V - KHX16LC9K2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today I have Kingston HyperX Lovo so something at more standard settings of 1600 9-9-9 but low voltage - 1.35V ... and it's green :)
LoVo series has the same well known Genesis heatsinks but painted green what actually looks pretty nice and probably no one will complain that green PCB doesn't fit to the heatsink ;)

Memory comes in standard plastic box and inside we can find two 8GB memory sticks, short warranty/installation info and HyperX logo sticker.

genesis1.jpg

genesis2.jpg

genesis3.jpg

genesis4.jpg

I have little issues with light but I hope that photos are good enough ;)

Full review with comparison you can find here -> http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/memory/kingston-hyperx-genesis-lovo-16gb-ddr3-1600-cl9-memory-review
Also thanks Kingston for this memory kit.

Last edited:
XMP#1 Results

XMP #1 results so how it's performing on "stock" settings.

HyperX LoVo 1600 has only one XMP profile but it's enough for memory at this clock. Timings at XMP settings can be seen on the screenshots.

XMP.jpg

XMP2.jpg

Last edited:
Overclocking results

1866 10-10-10-27 1N 1.50V

1866.jpg

18662.jpg

2000 11-11-11-27 1N 1.50V

2000.jpg

20002.jpg

Maximum clock achieved on this memory clock was 1000MHz ( DDR3-2000 ). I couldn't make it run higher and it simply didn't want to boot at DDR3-2133 regardless of used voltage or timings.
Memory is based on Micron IC and is overclocking similar to other Microns however most other kits that I was testing could reach 2133.
It's still not that bad as performance of this memory is good and results at 2000 are about as high as some kits can make at 2133.

Last edited:
Little bump as I forgot to add test results to this thread.
Now all is fixed , enjoy :)

Last edited:
Back