• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laci90

Registered
Can somebody explain memory timings like 9-9-9-24 at 1333 mhz. which are better low memory timings or higher?
Thanks

The lower the best.

As an example, 1600MHz/9-9-9 roughly equals 1333MHz/8-8-8

so if i change from 9-9-9-24 to 7-7-7-21 it will be faster?

If it is stable yes.

Mem timings, and how low they can go are reflected in system stability.

and i wanted to ask that two days ago my psu burned down a bought a new one and now my ram wont work at 1333 because it gives bsod randomly and at 1066 it is stable. is this a ram issue is my ram damaged?

i tried raising dram voltage from 1.585 to 1.7 and it gets more stable but still gives sometimes bsod randomly and frezzes

Run memtest86+ RC5.0. to make sure it is not your board or bad CPU from the PSU failing, Also you can run memory diagnostic's in windows.

Ok so i used an usb to boot and i ran memtest i didnt had much time so i didnt let it finish but at 1066 gives no error 4 pass at 1333 gives at least 47 errors in the first 2 minutes launched and at about 60% it had about 170 errors in the first pass only.So is it the ram or something else?

Well you only have one stick of memory correct? So if you do you will have to RMA your memory since it failed the test.

isnt it weird that they gave me 6 years warranty for ram?

Back