• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compensate for Lowered BCLK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zomfgcrazy

Registered
RAM BEING DISCUSSED

I've found a stable BCLK for my CPU at 191, which puts my DRAM Freq. at 765.3MHz, a bit below the stock 800MHz.

Is there any way to OC the RAM alone (like the CPU multi, but for RAM) besides setting 2:6, 2:8, 2:10? Since I'm at 2:8 right now and 2:10, I believe, will be too much?

Thanks!

Sadly, those are the only options.
You can play with the timings though.
If it's 8-8-8-24 ram, try 8-8-8-20, or 7-8-8-24 or 7-7-7-21 or some such combination.
Use memtest86+ for testing ram stability.

Why not just raise the BCLK another 9MHz to 200MHz, and drop the multiplier to x20 = 4.0GHz. This way you can run w/ a DRAM frequency of 1600MHz at 2:8 and 7-8-7-24.

Why not just raise the BCLK another 9MHz to 200MHz, and drop the multiplier to x20 = 4.0GHz. This way you can run w/ a DRAM frequency of 1600MHz at 2:8 and 7-8-7-24.

Sometimes that's not an option. I can't run 200 bclk at high multi's and had to settle with 192 x 21 (191 doesn't work for me either) due to some bclk hole with my board and or cpu.

zomfgcrazy

Personally I just settled for the slightly lower RAM speeds (never got around to messing with timings yet) as there will be no noticeable difference in the 70 mhz your losing. By all means test your timings and see if you can lower them but I doubt it will be noticeable outside of benches.

Sometimes that's not an option. I can't run 200 bclk at high multi's and had to settle with 192 x 21 (191 doesn't work for me either) due to some bclk hole with my board and or cpu.

zomfgcrazy

Personally I just settled for the slightly lower RAM speeds (never got around to messing with timings yet) as there will be no noticeable difference in the 70 mhz your losing. By all means test your timings and see if you can lower them but I doubt it will be noticeable outside of benches.

ditto I got the same issue....blck hole...MSI GD65

Back