• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Norton 2002 and Windows XP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
I got Norton 2002 because it's the only version that's supposed to work with Windows XP, but each time I get wide-eyed and dig it back out of the cabinet to install it, I get through all the updates OK (Although it takes 5 times longer than Norton 2000 which I used to use), and my computer will restart. When I remove NAV2002, the restarting stops. Install it again and poof, it'll restart at random.

I thought it might have had some dislike for changed FSB speeds, so each time I try to install it and it restarts, I'll try setting all FSB/CPU settings to default but it's no use, it still restarts.

Has anyone else had this problem before? What can I do? I look again each time I think NAV2002 might work, but there havn't been any patches. I'm not really out any money, a forum member who had 2 retail boxes of it was gracious enough to send it to me, but it is quite aggravating having to use the cheap free AV programs like AVG which dont protect against common viruses like Nimbda and CIH.

I've had a simalar problem with Nav 2001 and Win98Se, after updating it.

Do you get restarts with just the normal install before you update it ? If not then try just updating the virus definitions and see what happens.

RED Hot Machine said:
I've had a simalar problem with Nav 2001 and Win98Se, after updating it.

Do you get restarts with just the normal install before you update it ? If not then try just updating the virus definitions and see what happens.

Yep, it restarts before the "update" as well.

Back