• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3 Trailer is Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been waiting for this for so long :) I must have logged a million hours into BF2 and PR. O and thank you Dice for keeping the 64 player maps on PC

* Frostbite 2 - Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
* Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
* Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
* Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
Lots of good stuff!

I just heard about BF3 earlier today too, but I'm still wondering if I should pick up a copy of BC2 for $20. I've been able to play it on console but want it for the PC, is it too late to pick up a copy? Are people still populating servers on PC?

I haven't played any multiplayer FPS since CS 1.6 :-/.

I just heard about BF3 earlier today too, but I'm still wondering if I should pick up a copy of BC2 for $20. I've been able to play it on console but want it for the PC, is it too late to pick up a copy? Are people still populating servers on PC?

I haven't played any multiplayer FPS since CS 1.6 :-/.

Yes, a lot people are still playing it. There's a good amount of servers to play on. I'm just not seeing a lot of squad death match games tho.

Yes, a lot people are still playing it. There's a good amount of servers to play on. I'm just not seeing a lot of squad death match games tho.

Cool, I'll pick up a copy of it next week.

The maps don't seem that big unfortunately, I remember playing BF1942 maps and they were quite large (walking across the map was just not an option, riding on the plane's wings ftw :p).

All of this means nothing if they botch the netcode to favour slow dual core CPUs like they did with BC2. It's only going to get worse with BF3 as it's going to be even more demanding.

All of this means nothing if they botch the netcode to favour slow dual core CPUs like they did with BC2. It's only going to get worse with BF3 as it's going to be even more demanding.

:shrug:

Typically you spray and pray towards the most surface area. In this case it's morons who buy something because it's in a slim case that clips to the back of their TV and expect it to still be able to play PC games properly. I say we start a campaign to razz and emotionally torture people with dual cores into feeling inadequate and ashamed so they will upgrade. Problem solved.

:shrug:

Typically you spray and pray towards the most surface area. In this case it's morons who buy something because it's in a slim case that clips to the back of their TV and expect it to still be able to play PC games properly. I say we start a campaign to razz and emotionally torture people with dual cores into feeling inadequate and ashamed so they will upgrade. Problem solved.

Agreed. :rofl:

To be honest with BF3 allowing twice as many players, more vehicles, more destruction, bigger maps and more vehicles, I'd be surprised if quad cores aren't a necessary requirement.

Back