• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

At this point in time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lumen

If im anticipating completing my new system in December the smartest things to buy right now would be stuff like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, heatsink and fans.

Is this a correct assumption? I get payed tommorow so Im trying to decide what im going to buy.:) thanks

heres what i think i am getting

Have:
Chieftec Matrix Server Case 65
Antec True430 PS 90

Need to get:
Abit Mobo 110
AMD XP 2600 (or higher 270+
Maxtor 120 GB 7200rpm 169
PNY Geforce 4 4600 128 300
Viewsonic 19' screen 265
SB! Audigy X Gamer 5.1 90
Logitech Cordless Freedom Keyboard and mouse 80
Plextor CD-RW 150
Pioneer DVD ROM 100

Yes, those would be the best buys for right now, since pretty much everything else you listed is gurenteed to go down in price. You may want to wait on the monitor, b/c that will drop in price to eventually.

I wouldn't purchase anything in advance that you wouldn't put to use immediately. In the near future you may buy them for a lower price, or something will come up that is better for the same price.

I put my systems together on the installment plan, too. Here's the order I normally follow:

Power Supply
Monitor
Case/Fans
Speakers
Keyboard/Mouse
Optical Drives
Sound Card
Hard Drives
Memory
Motherboard
Video Card
Processor