• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new computer needs a...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

you guessed it! Monitor, where is a good place to buy a 19" Preferebly black CRT? I would like to spend under 150$ But May spend 200$, I live in southern california, USA if that matters for shipping and all.

hmm, the cheapest 19" I have ever seen was $179, and it wasn't very good at all- beige, too. For that kind of price point I think you may be stuck with a 17 incher!

DPI, the lower the better, anything less than .28 is considered good. .26 is just fine.

Beware- there is a reason that monitor is so inexpensive. Usually the cheaper monitors have a terrible picture. Monitors are the only computer part that I don't skimp on :D

Monster of Rock said:
DPI, the lower the better, anything less than .28 is considered good. .26 is just fine.

Beware- there is a reason that monitor is so inexpensive. Usually the cheaper monitors have a terrible picture. Monitors are the only computer part that I don't skimp on :D
it was a refurbed KDS

yah that does look like a good deal! I've had really good luck with refurbs myself, might wanna just bite the bullet :)

See if you can get an exact model number from them before you order, and look it up at the Dell site for specific info. Like, what rez and refreshes it supports. That's what I would do, otherwise I say go for it :D

But check them out on www.resellerratings.com first, just in case.

eBay

I found my 21" Trinitron for $275 Two years old off of Dell business lease, factory refurbished.

After cooling it, it's served me a year so far.

That's a pretty good monitor for the price. The DPI is not the greatest but I think it'll do... it should be ok for gaming too... The resolution can go fairly high and the refresh rates aren't that bad... I'd say that's one of the better monitors your money can buy, when on a limited budget... :)

Here is an extremely good monitor for the money, the one im getting
:p

Viewsonic 19" Black 1600x1200 PerfectFlat Monitor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p10623b.JPG

Manufacturer #
Price 247.00
Usually Ships
Quantity
Item Number M19 VIE E90FB

ViewSonic E90FB 19" Graphics Series CRT Monitor.

The ViewSonic E90fb 19" (18.0" viewable) CRT offers incredible value in a large, brilliantly rich display that's perfect for everyday applications. Featuring ViewSonic's PerfectFlat screen, the ultra-fine 0.21mm horizontal dot pitch renders exceptionally accurate edge-to-edge images, sharp, crisp text and minimized reflection from ambient light. Plus, ViewSonic's optional USB hub base snaps easily into the bottom of the monitor, allowing convenient multiple USB peripheral connections. For an affordable choice for demanding business, SOHO and education applications choose the E90fb.

Features:

- 0.21mm horizontal pitch, 0.25mm diagonal pitch.
- 1600 x 1200 maximum resolution.
- PerfectFlat® screen.
- SuperClear® technology.
- OSD lock function.
- OnView controls.
- Anti-static, anti-reflection screen.
- ViewSonic color management.
- ViewSonic Wizard.
- Plug & Play +.
- PC and Mac®* compatible.
- Three-year limited warranty

Back