• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

constant restarts!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

hey,

i have built my computer and loaded windows 2k onto it. I am having problems though... any time i try and run something - e.g. run the motherboard setup cd, it just restarts itself!? originally i was told this could be due to power, however this morning i got a 500w PSU, installed it and the same thing is happeneing!? why is it restarting? and what can i do?

thanks for your time.

jonny

Well I hope it's not from CompUSA. I've had quality 250W PSU's that did better than 330W PSU's due to quality. I wouldn't trust those CompUSA generic brands if I valued my computer.

Anyhow-- What do you mean run mobo setup CD? As in install the drivers for the mobo from your provided CD? Why not download them to insure you get the latest version?

dude2 said:
hey,

i have built my computer and loaded windows 2k onto it. I am having problems though... any time i try and run something - e.g. run the motherboard setup cd, it just restarts itself!? originally i was told this could be due to power, however this morning i got a 500w PSU, installed it and the same thing is happeneing!? why is it restarting? and what can i do?

thanks for your time.

jonny

Did you make sure you installed the 4in1's?

If you have time reformat and reinstall. Make sure you aren't overclocked while doing that.

Try setting your ram to CAS2.5 and see what happens.

Check and make sure that everything, ram vidcard, etc. is well seated, then take care and check and see if your heatsink is seated properly. Then if thats not it go ahead and boot into your 2kCD and format and reinstall and see if you get the same thing again after that. Sometimes it does take more then one try to get the OS solidly installed.

Back