• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best AM2+ Cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those Kits are not the best. An actually WC system is usually the best way to go. I'm not trying to bash your choice, but those things may not do what you want them to do. I would talk to the WC guys in the cooling section, they know how to get things done.

One more time you were right Dolk:( That kit is a POS, except for the rad and radbox.) So I just ordered the right thing this time (overnight) so I will be able to play with that 940 this week end

One more time you were right Dolk:( That kit is a POS, except for the rad and radbox.) So I just ordered the right thing this time (overnight) so I will be able to play with that 940 this week end

Bob,

The swiftech was a POS? WTF What happened?

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

I got a Scythe Infinity (back when it was on both top 10s)... base needed a bit of lapping, but it was a good price (less than $50 at the time)

Have it on a 6400BE overclocked to 3.43Ghz and it keeps one of the cores at 57-58C and the other at 47-48C...

I would add that it doesn't have a fan directly mounted to it, but that really fair, given the size of my case and the number of fans in it.

:eek: Just bad luck to get a kit from the wrong side of the aisle.

Glad you got things worked out with muddocktor's advise! You should be very happy with that set-up ... :)

Last edited:
Back