• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Agility 3 and Vertex 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

Anything wrong with the OCZ Agility 3 or Vertex 3 series?

I saw the Vertex 3 120 GB for 139 after MIR. 169 before and the Agility 3 240 GB was 319 After MIR and 349 before.?

Some people are reporting issues with the Intel PCH

I have run both, and dollar for dollar I would take the Agility 3. The Vertex 3 is without a doubt a better performer, but close enough you will never "feel" the differnce.

Anything wrong with the OCZ Agility 3 or Vertex 3 series?

I saw the Vertex 3 120 GB for 139 after MIR. 169 before and the Agility 3 240 GB was 319 After MIR and 349 before.?

There's a reason those drives are so cheap, they have a slew of issues. If you feel like gambling, go ahead and buy one, but smart money is spent on Intel, Crucial, and Samsung SSDs.

I put my money on Crucial M4's, seconded by either Intel or Samsung now.
With the issues for OCZ and the sandforce 2281 controllers staying far away from them til the issues are resolved is priority number one for me and any SSD I recommend to anyone.

I always thought OCZ products were pretty decent, However I to want to upgrade to a SSD currently running Raptors in raid 0... but everyone local here only sell Intel at a ridiculous price... for a 120g . I'm not a big fan of Intel... but those three mentioned above are the best performers to date correct?

Ive had the Vertex 3 since they came out & before that the Vertex 2...never had a single issue with neither. They do have a reputation tho no doubt.

I would never buy Intel SSD as they are a overpriced & slow.

The reason that I asked was that my GF bought a vertex 3 not toolong ago and she has not had any issues, so I've been thinking of possibly picking one up as my SSD is SataII.

The pricing is very attractive. I guess it may just be a crap shoot. Aren't they under warranty if you get a crappy one?

To be honest, on a daily use, I don't feel any difference between the Force90 and the Vertex 3...

I would never buy Intel SSD as they are a overpriced & slow.

Huh??

The 510 drives can hang in there with the best of 'em, and unlike Sandforce's offerings, they are actually reliable. That's worth paying a small premium.

Huh??

The 510 drives can hang in there with the best of 'em, and unlike Sandforce's offerings, they are actually reliable. That's worth paying a small premium.

How many Intels sell compared with OCZ's.
Also like I said I have never had any problems with my drives.
I would choose Corsair or Crucial over Intel too, who are more reasonable. Intel is overpriced.

Back