• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding my Corsair Spec-01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironman129

So I am trying to put a MCR320 on top if my Corsair Spec-01. I will put the fan controller in the first 5.25 bay, so it shouldn't run in to it. I have never modded a case before. It already has the ventilation for 2x120 fans. whats they best way to make way for a third? Should I pull air down through the radiator in to the case, push air up through the top? Appreciate any advice.

I have heard both argued. I personally have mine in a push-pull configuration with the air venting up. All other fans are pulling into the case, except the PWR supply which pulls from the bottom and vents to the rear.

Airflow should almost always be Front & Bottom/side=intake and Rear & Top=exhaust.

Here's what it ended up looking like. I will agree with what other people have said, nice little case, but the cable management sucks. Make it .5cm wider so you can tuck the cable behind the MB and it would be perfect. So far I haven't noticed any difference in performance in OC my CPU to 4.8 with just 120.2 on a single loop. It does fit my R9 280x easily though!

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 879
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 815
Back