• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA on the cheap (1000/266)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheDS

So here's my idea. Since the 1000/266 chip is so new, chances are pretty good that it's an AXIA. Ergo, you spend $150 (current price) on one of these, and it's an AXIA for sure.

Does this theory hold water? Only one way to find out. All you people who've gotten a 1000/266 chip, please post here what its code is so we can determine this. So far, from other posts I've read, I haven't heard of anyone getting a non-AXIA at 1000/266. However, some one did mention something about week10 chips having a problem. He didn't specify. If anyone knows about this, please also post this info.

Seems to me like a great way to go mail-order and get the cheapest prices and get exactly what you want. I jsut hope it's true.

(BTW: I found out how much CompUSA pays for some of their CPUs and stuff. It's more than what you'll pay by going to Pricewatch. This info was gleaned from a friend who works there and bragged about his employee discount being that he pays their price on things. Of course, they may do better on other items, and the discount bin is still useful, but electronics are too unstable in the price department. Don't waste your money.)

My 1G/266 Week 11, that I got last week is AXIA, but there is another post from a person who just got an 1G/266 and it was an AVIA. Statistically, they do about as good at OC. There is still No guarantee that every AXIA or AVIA will OC way up there, but the tendency has been for good results with them.

Hoot

Back