• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

850E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
If the PIII 700E (Cumine) is one of the best oc Intel Chips, why no one I've heard is using the PIII 850E (Cumine) 100 MHz FSB chip?

Theoretically this is one ugly chip.....You should reach 1130 MHz with 133 MHz FSB with no problem and 1275 MHz with 150 MHz FSB. Nothing to xtreme.

Any opinions?

It isn't as simple as that. Just because some chips reach a 133mhz fsb doesn't mean they all will, the coppermine core tops out at around 1ghz, the 700 is the best choice because it will reach a 133mhz fsb quite easily and sometimes higher, the 750 is a bad choice because it's very hit and mis with it reaching a 133mhz fsb and this leaves you with out of spec bus speeds. the 850 would probabally only reach a 110-120mhz fsb I much doubt you could reach a 133mhz fsb with it as this is just beyond the coppermine core. I have heard about a few people who have gotten to 1.1-1.2ghz with p3's but these are very rare, the only real exception is the 1ghz p3, these can usually reach 1.1-1.2ghz as they are the very best quality chips and intel picks these chips and sells them at this speed, which is why it is rare to get above 1ghz with sub ghz p3's.

I have an 850e and it's no where near running 1.13 w/ air cooling. Possibility you could run 1.13 w/ peliter/water cooling.

The highest speed I've been able to reach w/ air cooling on a really, really cold morning was 1071. The 850's seem to run a little hotter than the others for some odd reason....maybe just mine!

Back