• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GFD construction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quinn the Eskimo

So I've read around the discussion forums, become familair with a few overclocking sites, downloaded and played with a few bits of software and bumped up my FSB as few notches and watched the temp rise.

Now I want to overclock my Athlon Slot A by constructing a golden fingers device, circuit diagrams and principles are fine, but can I find the card edge connector, or a supplier in the UK/USA?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a 1.27mm pitch double sided edge connector with preferably a ribbon cable termination? Maybe I should just spring for the $30ish, but part of the sense of achievement is doing it from scratch myself

AMP connector

newbie(ish) (Apr 05, 2001 03:24 p.m.):
So I've read around the discussion forums, become familair with a few overclocking sites, downloaded and played with a few bits of software and bumped up my FSB as few notches and watched the temp rise.

Now I want to overclock my Athlon Slot A by constructing a golden fingers device, circuit diagrams and principles are fine, but can I find the card edge connector, or a supplier in the UK/USA?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a 1.27mm pitch double sided edge connector with preferably a ribbon cable termination? Maybe I should just spring for the $30ish, but part of the sense of achievement is doing it from scratch myself

Toms hardware has some idea's about building your own overclocking device. The original part is supplied by AMP, almost the only one with it! On the site above, you will find the part details. As you are in the UK/USA, it won't be a problem. I couldn't get it in the Netherlands, so I had to buy a GFD complete. Anyway, Succes with building your GFD!

Thanks for the suggestions, no luck with allied electric. I've spent some time on a worldwide search, so for anyone else looking here's what I found, AMP the maunfacturer of the part mentioned in Toms Hardware will only sell me 900 of the connector (UK branch) so unless there are 899 others...

fujitsu takimaswa have discontinued several vriations, but a visit to their site will identify the part number of their edge connectors and maybe somemone will still have stock. More luck with a company called Methode Electronics Inc. they have a US and Scottish branch and are being very helpful in trying to source one or two connectors for me. part number 245-21-040-CE-XX, a straddle mount 1.27mm pitch connector. I'll post any success here

Back