• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I heard these were not good for watching movies because of backlight bleed... true?

All of these panels(whether they are in an Achieva, Crossover, Viewsonic, Samsung etc.) can have backlight bleed. I would say that any monitor with unacceptable levels of backlight bleed will not be suited for movie watching. As long as you receive a monitor with a normal amount of backlight bleed, you will be fine. :thup:

Showed up last night, and I managed to get it set up for a night of WoW (yeah yeah).

No dead pixels. Everything is looking super sexy. The display is BRIGHT! I may drop it down a bit. I like that it uses a power brick instead of a bulky cord running directly the monitor. However, I'm curious if that means the voltage regulators are not as robust as they would be if they were in the monitor. Then again, I think this is more to keep the monitor as thin as possible.

The stand doesn't have vertical adjustment, but does have tilt and it's all I needed. I don't plan to move this to a different mount right now. So far I'm really loving it, but I'm definitely in the infatuation stage still.

Yamakasi

I ordered a Catleap from green-sum on e-bay. I was provided a tracking number. I ordered it Thursday evening and got it Monday morning :clap:. I also ordered the perfect pixel model. It is absolutely amazing. I have slight back light bleed in the lower right corner, but is only noticeable if the whole screen goes black. My desktop background is mostly black and I don't notice it unless I'm off angle. Movies look great, the back light bleed is non existent. Games look AMAZING! Skyrim with the hi-rez pack... nothing compares. :attn:

I'm thinking about getting one of the Auria monitors at Microcenter since I'm only a few minutes away, I'm only willing to spend the extra cash because their guarentee is that you are 100% satisfied with it. I need to at least sell a couple monitors first though. I have an HP 2511x, Asus VG248QE, and Asus PA248Q. Definitely selling the HP, and considering selling the PA248Q as well just because my tri monitor setup is a little overkill.

I was thinking about ordering a 1440p monitor.
I had a look at both the Crossover and the Catleap.

Both look great, I'm just concerned about my GPU's capabilities and overclocking the monitors.
Any opinions?

For a single monitor your sli setup should do.
I reccomend the Crossover...or Qnyx which oc to 96-110hz.

That's great, thank you very much for your reply and help.
Is there a specific model of the two you recommend?

(EDIT) Can someone help me pick one out? I'm looking for a perfect pixel one, (I don't want to deal with the hassle of dead pixels)
Ordering from the UK and anything up to £250ish is fine with me. I just don't know what seller and model is the best out right now.
I'd like one that could overclock, and I can figure out the overclocking procedure when I get it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
green-sum and AccessoryWhole are the 2 big sellers that first come to mind for me

Back