• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So stupid it's funny: Jack Tretton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Classic. Beyond Classic. Just Wonderful:

Sony Overlord Jack Tretton said:
According to the WSJ: "Mr. Tretton conceded that removing that capability [backwards compatibility], along with a few other features, isn't dramatically reducing Sony's cost of manufacturing the console but will instead encourage buyers of the entry-level PlayStation 3 to purchase more games designed specifically for the new system.

THANK YOU MR. TRETTON. Cripple the PS3 to force consumers to buy the next-gen games you so dearly lack. Lair here I come!

deception``

Hah, i knew it. I'v been telling people that the reason they killed off BC in the new PS3 was to start forcing people to buy only PS3 games, and to slowly force developers to stop making PS2 games!

Damn morons...They have yet to learn that you don't win over the consumer base by forcing your product down their throat, but you make a product that the consumer WANTS, WITHOUT screwing them at the sametime.

ALL these guys are professional jackasses hired for this purpose. Peter Moore that Nintendo guy with the name of a famous baseball player.. (and he's probably the worst one!) Companies don't feel they should actually talk to consumers anymore unless its in a keynote address.

Peter Moore was the biggest fool of them all. "Things break..." WHAT KIND OF STUPID SH** WAS THAT!! They were ALL breaking you pathetic sack of goat sh**!

I was actually seriously considering buying the PS3 40Gb edition for $399.99 over the Xbox 360 20Gb. I wanted to buy the PS3 40Gb thinking that I could sell my slim PS2 and apply that amount towards a new PS3. But now that I am having to keep my slim PS2 just to play PS2 games I think I have now changed my mind back to the Xbox 360. If I am going to have to keep my PS2 anyways, I might as well have a Xbox 360 ranther than a PS3 seeing as the games I want to play are either available on both platforms or just for the Xbox 360.

Sony thanks for making my decision easy.

Also I think down the road, Sony will reintroduce the feature of backwards compability of the PS2 after Sony feels enough...
Mr. Tretton said:
buyers of the entry-level PlayStation 3 to purchase more games designed specifically for the new system."

Last edited:
ALL these guys are professional jackasses hired for this purpose. Peter Moore that Nintendo guy with the name of a famous baseball player.. (and he's probably the worst one!) Companies don't feel they should actually talk to consumers anymore unless its in a keynote address.

Peter Moore was the biggest fool of them all. "Things break..." WHAT KIND OF STUPID SH** WAS THAT!! They were ALL breaking you pathetic sack of goat sh**!

Unlike Tretton though, Moore owned up to that one as a "my bad". Tretton is a marionette with 2 strings, one spouts stupid phrases out of the mouth, the other sticks his foot in it.

Tretton sold his soul for stock options long ago. I remember reading an interview with him in Game Informer a few months ago, and I half expected him to tell the interviewer that black is white and the Earth is flat by the time it was over.

80GB PS3 (with software BC) Motorstorm bundle dropped to $499 today, but I'd rather have the 60GB model with hardware BC.

Back