• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multi monitor stands, what did you choose ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

Looking to buy a stand for my 3 23" Asus VH238 monitors. I have them set up right now using there original bases. To get things the proper way and looking like I want them to I need to purchase a stand.

After much looking reading etc here is what Im looking to buy. I had a half dozen stands in various shopping carts over the last few weeks and this is what I have settled on (I think :D )

This is the final step. I wanted to see if anyone here had good luck with any other stands. The biggest complaint I have seen with most stands is the inability to get the 2 outside monitors at proper angles without problems.

I found this company (Ergotech) over at the Wide Screen gaming Forum and they seem to have gotten it right with there stands

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007BD0MPM...TF8&colid=1JUOWB4VR0HF7&coliid=I3SEX4CIDU4H90

or if you want to be able to move all 3 monitors individually which is handy, you can grab the clamp on desk arm mount stands off ebay for like 20 bucks a pop shipped, i got one and it works really nice :)

EasyMountLCD.
Do it.

You can also get their stuff off Amazon, just see which site is cheaper.

I assume you have one of these ? I just want to make sure it's going to set up properly and give me the proper side angles and ability to go portrait.

Once you attach the vesa mounts do they just clip into a channel on the main arm with a lock pin type attachment ?

These are much cheaper which is awesome I just want to be sure they are good quality. No sagging and holding there positions yada yada

This is the one I would think I would get. scroll down gives blue print drawings etc. Starting to be really happy I posted this thread LOL

http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...-Free-Standing-up-to-28-002-0020-002-0020.htm

I assume you have one of these ? I just want to make sure it's going to set up properly and give me the proper side angles and ability to go portrait.

Once you attach the vesa mounts do they just clip into a channel on the main arm with a lock pin type attachment ?

These are much cheaper which is awesome I just want to be sure they are good quality. No sagging and holding there positions yada yada

I have one on the way, but Thideras has one and absolutely loves it.
He's holding four 27" 1440p LG monitors with his.

Let me get him to chime in on more details.

Dang. It's just perfect from what I can see. What one did you purchase If I may ask ? I am looking to buy this Friday so this is a last minute switch in plans, but it seems a good one :D

I need one that holds 3 23 inch screens in wide screen and portrait. I want to send you a pizza or something for possibly just cutting my cost in half :D

I went with this exact one. Picked it up on Amazon since it was cheaper than buying off their site. They make a 3x and a 4x version. This stand is very sturdy. Absolutely dirt cheap for what you get. There are probably better built ones, but they are going to be four or five times the price, if not more.

DSC_0594.JPG

The size of the stand and monitors throws the perspective off. Those are 27" monitors hanging off it.

Wow. glad I posted the question. I was prepared to spent 2x as much to get the stand. Thank you guys very much. Will order it up Friday and probably spend some of that money savings on getting it here a little faster :D Or maybe not, LOL

Thanks again guys I will post a pic or 2 when it's set up :thup:

Bums me out that there are no comparable arms/stands for Dell U3011 (That don't cost a boatload.)

You could probably fit it on the stand I have unless they have a different mounting point. The mounts are not all the way out to the end on my monitors. It'd be a tight fit. If you turned them sideways, you could fit them no problem.

I'd be more concerned with the weight. I bought an arm to be able to rotate 90 degrees and it struggles with the 20.4lbs of monitor.

EasyMountLCD.
Do it.

You can also get their stuff off Amazon, just see which site is cheaper.

THANK YOU! Been looking for this site. Couldn't remember the name of the company, saw it mentioned once before in this section.

Buying a second monitor soon and wanted to get a stand from that company.

So, I got mine set up tonight.

Impressive weight to this stand. Super sturdy.
They're going to cause an issue for more expensive stand makers haha

Back