• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to source this Chinese ITX NAS Case (NSC-800)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I installed my mother board in that case, My question is what cable for HD light I have to connect to the motheboard. I would like to know when hard drive is reading data or not, and right now the lights is not turning on.

I installed my mother board in that case, My question is what cable for HD light I have to connect to the motheboard. I would like to know when hard drive is reading data or not, and right now the lights is not turning on.

You'll need the users manual that comes with your mobo to answer that question. There should be a section in there to verify how your hard drives, system power button, and power reset connections are mapped on your mobo.

I also have a question for the thread. Does the ring around the reset button illuminate like the ring around the power button? I would assume it's suppose to light up but it's dark. The reset button itself works, but there's no light.

I know it is a pin for HDD, but the case have more than one HDD cable. So what number HDD cable you use?

About your question for the light in the reset button , for me is dark also.

I know it is a pin for HDD, but the case have more than one HDD cable. So what number HDD cable you use?

About your question for the light in the reset button , for me is dark also.

Okay now I understand your question. I think I used HDD1. I have yet to fully tested my system yet. I assumed it did work because a blue came on when I put in a hard drive. What mobo do you have?

well
ordered mine today, now thinking on how to keep it "dust free"
have 2 fan filters and i want to try to run it with the 2*120 as input fans and not output so they will push air in

The blue light is for power, but should have another light when read hard drive start blink it.

If you can check it out.

I also have a question for the thread. Does the ring around the reset button illuminate like the ring around the power button? I would assume it's suppose to light up but it's dark. The reset button itself works, but there's no light.

It's the HDD LED. Mine flashes/lights up when either of my 2.5" drives (connected onboard, as is the HDD LED cable) have activity.

It's the HDD LED. Mine flashes/lights up when either of my 2.5" drives (connected onboard, as is the HDD LED cable) have activity.

I'm a little confused...

Are you saying the light around the reset button is the internal HDD activity indicator?

psu 1U noise

I have athena 1u psu 400w and it is too noise, can you tell me one ultra quiet?

Thanks

Not sure if anyone is looking for a good itx mobo, but here is a ebay seller with a great price. I've picked up two myself. Note, Sandy bridge support only until the BIOS is upgraded to current, then Ivybridge is supported. 2 onboard Intel NIC's and support for 16GB of RAM were two primary features I was looking for. This is almost half the price of what Newegg was asking and these are indeed sealed and new. not the most current chipset, but good enough for NAS mobo.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121130454474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here are some specs,

Intel® Q67 Express Chipset
Supports Intel LGA 1155 Socket Core™ i3, i5, i7 & Pentium Processors
2 * Dual Channel DDR3-1333/1066 up to 16GB
Intel 82579LM & 82574L Gigabit LAN
Intel Active Management Technology ( iAMT 7.0)
PCI Express x16 Slot
Integrated 24-bit Dual Channel LVDS
4-port SATAII 3Gb/s & 2-port SATA III 6Gb/s with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 & JBOD Support
HDMI, and VGA Video Outputs
Built-in Watchdog Timer Technology
Mini-ITX Form Factor (170mm x 170mm)

Back on page 3 mademax posted his build, using a scythe kozuti, which is 40mm tall and there was 1.5mm spare. I'm going with a Noctua NH-L9i which is 37mm tall.

I also went with the Seasonic SS-300M1U and have ordered this bracket to make it fit.

My case arrives next Wednesday but will have to wait on the bracket from my freight forwarder (eBay seller didn't ship to Oz) :(

I just got the NSC-400 and I have a Noctua NH-L9i and I cannot get it to fit.

Seasonic SS-300M1U

the psu Seasonic SS-300M1U with that bracket work for that case?

I want to replace my psu for one make less noise.

I just ordered this cooler. Hopefully it works out.

20121031181617.jpg

So the Cooljag cooler wasn't very good. Idle temps were high 40s and under load the temps were high 60s. I didn't wan't my server to run under these conditions so I powered it off and ordered the Zalman below. I also had to cut the support that mounts to the back of the mobo, because it was shorting out a resistor on my LGA1150 board. So I dremel cut one side of the bracket out.

Zalman CNPS2X
2X_M_01.jpg

My temps still aren't ideal. Idle is mid to high 30s and under load it hit 40s and maybe even over 50 for a few seconds. I can live with these temps, but I'd still like to get them to come down.

Cooljag
Cooljag1.jpg

Cooljag2.jpg

Zalman:
Zalman_Inst.jpg

Are those temperatures in the case? What CPU is it?

My i3-2100 currently idles in mid 30's and can get up to high 50's under load. I don't expect much better as the case is quite cramped, so airflow is not as good as it would be in a larger case. The NSC-400 has even less clearance than the 800 (which is why the L9i wouldn't fit in your case).

Back