• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a temp/fan rpm readout program for the fx 5200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warenb

ok i got one of these (fx 5200 w/128 ddr) and i put it in and checked the temp of the card on its backside by touching and checked the heatsink too and it felt pretty hot so i took that hs off and stuck a stock amd socket A heatsink with a copper core on it and the back of the card feels a bit cooler along with the heatsink also. but what i really want to know is, is there any kind of temperature monitoring/fan rpm readout software for nvidia fx graphics cards and where to get it, etc. since i didnt really find anything on the cd that came with it i figured i must look elsewhere. also whats a good program to overclock this card with?

the heatsink was held on by those spring-loaded push-pin things and all i had to do was pinch them on the backside of the card to get them to come back out. but it sounds like yours might be stuck on with some special thermal glue. i hate it when manufacturers do that...

Warenb what is the best way to attach the stock AMD hs?
Did you have to drill any special holes or attach any special brackets?
Are u overclocking your card?
I also want to attach my stock AMD hs to my fx5600.

Back