• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIRUS Prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gandalf

Hello everyone,

As the title states, I have a virus problem, but I don't know what to do abou tit.

I use Norton Sysytem Works 2001, with the LATEST updates through LIVEUPDATE.

This screen has just started popping up, and I dont even know what program is finding it. Something to do with MSN Messenger.

This screen pops up about every 5 minutes now.

(And yes, I have scanned my HDD twice with Norton using "Program FIles Only" and "All Files")

Attachments

• virus.jpg
    virus.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 66
Could also be you don't have a firewall and someone is using Windows Messanger service to send them to you.

Make sure you have ports 137 - 139 UDP and TCP blocked.

Delete your cookies and temp internet files. For some reason that virus was in many forms including as a cookie downloaded on certain websites.

Try that and it should take care of the problem for you, if not let us know.

Gandalf said:
I use ZoneAlarm, and it's always on.

How do I block those ports?

At the Advanced button.
But to see if it's ZA or not, just disable it and try agin. If it does the same thing, it's not a firewall issue unless you're on XP and have it's firewall setup.

i had that once

one of my p2p programs downloade half of a file and wouldnt give up access right to it or something like that
norton went nuts

so i just deleted it and no more problems

Back