• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ship i like to do missions with these days is my Nightmare, heck of a lot more fun than the CNR (well as fun as missions can be anyways.) It's mostly t2 fit, with AN heatsinks and dual pithii B small boosters, I'm thinking about replacing with a pithii a-type med. But it is true up to a point that the more you sink into your setup the faster you'll earn isk.

Well the better weapons you have the quicker it is, its the tanking part where you have to decide is this good enough or should I go more. Course having more isn't nessisarly bad when it comes to protecting your investment per say.

Hi all, played eve for a month a couple of years ago. Thinking about getting back into it. Main interest is in pvp, although I am quite interested in mining operations. Would their be a place for me in the OC corp? Im happy to have my race & direction selected by the corp. Mainly looking for a good community of players to get involved with.

CSM elections

The CSM elections are opening again May 5th and I would like to urge everyone to go vote, and if possible, vote for me of course (Sokratesz)

Some info about me and my viewpoints can of course be found in this thread but also on the EVE-o forums, any reiaming questiosn you can ask me here!

- Sjaak (Sokratesz)

I'm going to Iceland in three weeks - if you have anything that you think CCP might want to know about the game, tell me!

I'm going to Iceland in three weeks - if you have anything that you think CCP might want to know about the game, tell me!

Get some DX10/DX11 stuff in there ;) No really that would be cool. Have to think of things to I've experianced that could use improvement.

Well another is, if they could get EVE Gate to be on a more, elusive site per say. My work blocks it :( Would be nice if they could get around the McAfee firewall, which automatically filters certain sites based on something. Not sure if its IP address or if its partially the HTML that does it.

Oh wow, awesome. I have an Idea for the Bounty system, let me get it.

Posted - 2010.05.26 20:30:00 - [4] - Quote
I also think the Bounty system should be revamped. First of all, you should be able to get access to the Concord's bounty list from your ship.

With that said, I'll give you my Idea.

With Apocrypha the old TV sets in the gates were changed to holographic screens in which you can't even read because they're see through and very shiny. I think the screens should change to make it more readable and that if a wanted pilot passes through the system, the screen's "cameras" take a snapshot of the criminal and it displays it at the screen for 10min. or so, so you can follow the tracks of the criminals. Also the UI should be changed too. The Bounty window is too small. It should be larger, with pics the size of the "Character Sheet" window and big bold names with a "Last Seen" Column which displays the last system they were saw by the screen's cameras and updates every 5min. Hence if a wanted pilot enters low sec or 0.0 where there are no screens then the wanted pilot gets away :D
That and since u can add people to your watchlist you can know if they're online or not.

That's what I came up with so far.

Source: http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1324690/page/1#4

I changed somethings from my original post. Which are quoted here. Call what u see here ver. 1.1

Last edited:
Oh thats a good call. Miss not being able to click the boards.

Though an update like that probably be more in the 15-30min range for updates on system screen and on the bounty boards. I'd say on similar to what agent locators are. Not giving to much away but just enough to be maybe more useful in hunting down said parties.

As for bounties though maybe someone can take it one step further. If an account is inactive for X amount of months the bounty on there head gets dropped down, say 20% and every month after that it keeps getting reduced by 20%. After 1 year no activity after said bounties started to be reduced the bounty is removed from there head.

That way if someone wants to be infamous they have to play the game to keep there name on the list, though it could be someone just signs up and logs in every once and a while to keep it on top of the board but I think it should be a privledge to get on the board, not because I have the most money I can put it tward my bounty type system.

At first I thought of 30min. updates. But imagine you start to follow someone you see in the bounty board. So you see that the bounty board states he was in Cistuvaert, you are 6 jumps from there so you decide to go and check out. BTW the next update in the bounty board says next update is in 10min. and 20 min. have passed since the last update. You jump 6 systems and arrive at Cistuvaert, when the bounty list updates you just find the guy is 18 jumps away. So you go to that system as fast as you can, when you arrive, you don't even know which way he go. So you have to rely on the screens to find out, he could have go to a system, go back and go towards another making it harder for you to follow. By the time the bounty board updates he's already in 0.0 or low sec. Thus you lost it. If the update intervals are shorter it is much easier to track the person and follow their steps closely.

my eve name is arcanise, hes about 3 years old now message me with corp details

minmatar

shield and projectiles nearly maxed and able to fly minmatar dread and all industrial style ships well over 20,000 SP

Here is another idea. Minor but would be nicer for newer people than old vets. Ability to inject a skill that requires training still to be able to train it.

Say you have a skill your training and scheduled to finish within the next 24 hours. The ability to inject a skill into the que and train that one once the required skill is trained. Heck even it would help us older guys out sometimes. I mean yeah I can schedule around it though when dealing with new skills, typically you train to use it, you want to use it as soon as you can.

i have level 8 skills, months sometimes for a level 4-5 and then i forget and then a few months go and i dont have a skill training then im even further behind

i have level 8 skills, months sometimes for a level 4-5 and then i forget and then a few months go and i dont have a skill training then im even further behind

Maybe like a reminder saying hey look at your skills? Though now you can sort of set something up like that in your calander. See how long the skill will take place it on the calander with a reminder of hey I will need to update or train a new skill after this.

set a side a lot of time to learn the game the learning curve is insanely steep compared to most games

I'm giving eve a shot, gonna try out the demo. Any advice before I get started?

Make sure you always have something training. Its to your benefit. Even if you don't know what to train learning skills (the basic 6) are always good to get up there.

As well don't go into low sec unless you know there is a possibility to loose everything you own. At the start having not much to work with, a ship exploding can set you back terribly.

If get frustrated, ask plenty of questions, or search the official forums. There is many many things on there to help you out.

Back