• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The maelstrom can do a lot more than that.

Here's one from my bro.

Your group of 1400mm 'Scout' Artillery I places an excellent hit on Thrislam [XBLX](Apocalypse), inflicting 9148.9 damage.

Yes it does look quite nice.

I really do hope that it doesn't slow the game down though.

Questionable. Large space battles show off high poly counts, and inside environments could be just as large. They are just expanding the environment and would assume that it would be controlled by different servers to control for inside environments, just like what will happen if Dust 514 ever takes off but all tied together.

Questionable. Large space battles show off high poly counts, and inside environments could be just as large. They are just expanding the environment and would assume that it would be controlled by different servers to control for inside environments, just like what will happen if Dust 514 ever takes off but all tied together.

didn't mean slow the game down in that way.

I meant rather then docking, dragging a load of ore into items, undocking it's docking, walking over to the 'items' hologram thingy, entering that, dragging ore, walking back to the undocking bit, undocking.

didn't mean slow the game down in that way.

I meant rather then docking, dragging a load of ore into items, undocking it's docking, walking over to the 'items' hologram thingy, entering that, dragging ore, walking back to the undocking bit, undocking.

In addition to the new way to do the old things we know and love in EVE, we'll still be able to choose the old view. Couple that with the upcoming UI revamp (putting things where you want, sorta like in Win 7), and you should be able to do things faster, if not just the same as now. However, I'm speculating the things you do in captain's quarters would be right click related anyway, and probably accessible from a certain character distance. And I bet CCP will fold to the pressure to make it accessible from any distance so as to avoid any potential gameplay inhibition.

Edit: It will take longer to dock if things stay the way they are now, however there is some discussion about some changes to docking. I'm guessing a shorter session timer to make the visual experience of docking the 'new way' not add time to the docking procedure. Perhaps instead of a "docking request accepted. your ship is being towed into station" notification and a black screen with a loading bar, we'll see the ship docking up instantly, etc.

When the voting starts link it. I'll vote for Tim :D

On other topic:

POST YOUR NEW PORTRAIT!!!

Old:
948446980_256.jpg

New:
110756450-4.jpg

http://eveolution.de/portrait.php?user=Kaizer+Douken

A buddy of mine redid his a month before this update was announced. lol $10 down the drain...

Where can I mine safely? I was mining in high sec yesterday & well it is slow filling up almost 15k cargo with a Miner 2 with no mining upgrades on a ind. ship.. So Thing I was safe, I was looking at the web & my ship got blown up, no idea who it was, it wasn't AI no mail from any AI. I thought if a player blew your ship up, there would be atleast a mail.

Where can I mine safely? I was mining in high sec yesterday & well it is slow filling up almost 15k cargo with a Miner 2 with no mining upgrades on a ind. ship.. So Thing I was safe, I was looking at the web & my ship got blown up, no idea who it was, it wasn't AI no mail from any AI. I thought if a player blew your ship up, there would be atleast a mail.

Don't think you get eve-mails anymore, they are located in the character sheet info though. You will get insurance eve-mails but not kill detailed ones.

Probably one of the first rules in EVE: No where is safe, from 1.0 to 0.0 everything is fair game, just that the higher sec is just typically doesn't turn out good for the attacker as well, as in he dies.

Get a friend or make an alt account. Mine with a Bantam or Osprey, jettison it into a can, move all but 1 unit from the can to the industrial. You'll mine 5-8 times as fast as you are now. Bantams and Ospreys (or whatever race you use have one) are a frigate and cruiser with mining bonuses. There's no reason to mine in an industrial, other than wanting to AFK mine, you'll just die though. Mining spawns belt rats, they might not be "STRONG" per se, but if you're in a little indy, they'll pop you eventually.

Killmails appear in the killmail section of the character sheet, not the eve-mails anymore.

TL;DR Get a friend or alt and mine INTO the indy, not with it.

Get a friend or make an alt account. Mine with a Bantam or Osprey, jettison it into a can, move all but 1 unit from the can to the industrial. You'll mine 5-8 times as fast as you are now. Bantams and Ospreys (or whatever race you use have one) are a frigate and cruiser with mining bonuses. There's no reason to mine in an industrial, other than wanting to AFK mine, you'll just die though. Mining spawns belt rats, they might not be "STRONG" per se, but if you're in a little indy, they'll pop you eventually.

Killmails appear in the killmail section of the character sheet, not the eve-mails anymore.

TL;DR Get a friend or alt and mine INTO the indy, not with it.

Soon, a day or two I will start training mining barge so hopefully the painfully slow part of the mining will be done. What should I train next for fight battleship or battle cruiser?

Last edited:
Soon, a day or two I will start training mining barge so hopefully the painfully slow part of the mining will be done. What should I train next for fight battleship or battle cruiser?

When you have a mining barge (when you get into the exhumer that is) you'll still only have 1/2 to 1/3 of the cargo of an industrial. If you have someone in an Orca (the mining industrial) it'll hole 100 times what your mining barge will hold. You'll be moving back and forth to station a LOT more than you'll actually be sitting still mining. Mining with one ship = not the way to make money. You'll be in transit (where you aren't making isk) a lot more than you think :)

In terms of what ship to buy 'to fight' well. If you are doing PvE, work your way up the ladder through cruiser to Battlecruiser. Stay there until you can fit it properly (adequate tank and proper sized guns). No sense in training into a Battleship that you can only fit medium guns or missiles on because you didn't train for the weapons.

There's no "right" or "wrong" way to go about things in eve. Just an easier path, and a harder path. An argument that I hear a lot is "This is EVE you can play however you want" which is true. However if you are never making money and always losing ships/flying around buying things at "lower" prices while you fail at managing oppurtunity costs, it'll take a while to make any money. However, all the while your skillpoints will (hopefully) be racking up :p

When you have a mining barge (when you get into the exhumer that is) you'll still only have 1/2 to 1/3 of the cargo of an industrial. If you have someone in an Orca (the mining industrial) it'll hole 100 times what your mining barge will hold. You'll be moving back and forth to station a LOT more than you'll actually be sitting still mining. Mining with one ship = not the way to make money. You'll be in transit (where you aren't making isk) a lot more than you think :)

In terms of what ship to buy 'to fight' well. If you are doing PvE, work your way up the ladder through cruiser to Battlecruiser. Stay there until you can fit it properly (adequate tank and proper sized guns). No sense in training into a Battleship that you can only fit medium guns or missiles on because you didn't train for the weapons.

There's no "right" or "wrong" way to go about things in eve. Just an easier path, and a harder path. An argument that I hear a lot is "This is EVE you can play however you want" which is true. However if you are never making money and always losing ships/flying around buying things at "lower" prices while you fail at managing oppurtunity costs, it'll take a while to make any money. However, all the while your skillpoints will (hopefully) be racking up :p

PvE:
Skip Cruiser and go to Battlecruiser IMO. Cruiser is ok, small cheap, but limited. Battlecruiser can have so much more flexability than Cruiser, with not a huge amount of training or additional cost.

Could add to the list Commandship, Strategic Cruiser, Battleship and Marauders. Each has truly a special role but... they all can do the same job, with the right equipment, just depends how quick you want to do it.

or you can be an *** like me and cloak a maelstrom and wait for pray to stop in a mine field at around 120km and watch them go pop!

Back