• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

itx case ideas needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I really like the idea of using an nes as a case, But I , myself have ebbn thinking about mounting a computer in a speaker case , I dont know why!

jadams said:
Jay, the Zellars in Metrotown has some thin safe type boxes. Bottom floor near the mall entrance in the office supplies section.

thanks... i'll check brentwood out 1st then coquitlam zellers as i drive home that way after work......

Picking up my parts after work tuesday, even though they did arive today.... was doing some other moding :D
Check it out here

buddy with the tele said to get an amp too...
but they are too pricy to get one just to kill it, even a used one...

so i eneded up at zellers today, and got a black safe box...
but i think it might be just a hair too small... will check again when i get a little more time... so cutting might be able to make it fit....

installing 2k as i type this...
will keep you all updated

might be a bit late but maybe get a bunch of textbooks and hollow them out for a computer?

iD10t said:
might be a bit late but maybe get a bunch of textbooks and hollow them out for a computer?

might not be, as my cash box might be too small...
gona have to see whata drill can do...

was thinking about a book too...
it would just have to be a hard cover...

oh and love the avitar :D

as for pics, dont worry they will be coming...
might just post some in no case when i get home..

1st words on overclocking this... no luck. had it been an older core i could have, but the Nehemiah wont let me change the mutlipler (yet)...

Have you tried to do any multimedia stuff with this processor (i.e. run DivX movies, DVD, play mp3s)? I would like to know. It would be cool to have a media box in a custom case, but will the Cyrix processors be able to handle things like Divx movies?

How about one of those old video cameras. I'm thinking of the vhs ones that went on your shoulder. One of those should be just about the right size. My inlaws old one even had a built in hard plastic handle.

DarkNight said:
How about one of those old video cameras. I'm thinking of the vhs ones that went on your shoulder. One of those should be just about the right size. My inlaws old one even had a built in hard plastic handle.

good idea.... only place i can think of to find one would be a pawn shop though

Back