• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to get the most out of my MX 420

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

I know its crappy and old, but just asking for some advice here.

I have already brough my card up to 354core X 474memory

Is there anyway I can go past this? The heatsink and memory on the card are very cool because of a fan I thre on there.(this is only temporary until I can put money aside for another card)

thx

hmmm. i dont know i have the pci version and i never got that high with the clocks.I couldnt really get much out of the card when i was playing nfs hot pursuit2.I got it to run fair with all the settings on low.I quickly upgraded.

I will be getting a 9800 Pro, its just a matter of time ... 4 -6 weeks plus shipping time, so around 7 weeks, maybe less.

ya know thats a great oc on that card! I pulled out my 420pci to see what games i could run with my updated pc and i was suprised that i could get playable framerates on most of my games with details low and with a clock core of 275 mem 370.I didnt try to max it out tho.plus im only running a stock speed amd 2400 so u should b ok for those few weeks untill u get ur new card. tx for reminding me this card is still able to use if i needit!!!

LOL, its not a bad 10$ card, and it has s-video out to the tv, so its not too shabby.

I just want better benchmarks out of it.

Back