• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help formatting min NT HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patch

Need help formatting win NT HD

Help! I am trying to figure out how to format our HD with NT on it, any tips?!? thanks yall! Jim :burn:

Last edited:
What format are you trying to format the disk in ?

Are you trying to format the Hard disk where the os is ?

I found that to get rid of a NTFS partion, I run Fdisk from a dos disk and then say delete none dos partion.

yup trying to kill the whole HD and reformat... but NT has differant ideas..... geeze some people dont have that much self preservation! LOL Jim :burn:

Patch said:
yup trying to kill the whole HD and reformat... but NT has differant ideas..... geeze some people dont have that much self preservation! LOL Jim :burn:

If you'r trying to kill the whole thing then go with Fdisk tip, if you don't had a dos boot disk then you can get one from bootdisk.com.

You'll need to FDISK the drive and remove the non-DOS partitions. I'm assuming that the drive is partitioned and formatted using NTFS, in which case, a DOS boot disk will not be able to view the drive correctly.

Delete the non-DOS partitions and then create some new DOS partitions, reboot and then format them.

Back