• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy Stuff On Ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
look closely at his first big picture! you can see the core he pulled off that card, then he cut that hole in the pipe to remove it. My guess is it was not direct die in the first place! Bwahahahah! LMAO
probably just screwed up his card. seems to be hiding the "cpu" fromt he camera to give the appearance it is still there!!!

Uhm... does that really work well if it touches nothing, but the die?

ghettocomp said:
look closely at his first big picture! you can see the core he pulled off that card, then he cut that hole in the pipe to remove it. My guess is it was not direct die in the first place! Bwahahahah! LMAO
probably just screwed up his card. seems to be hiding the "cpu" fromt he camera to give the appearance it is still there!!!

I thought his one negative comment left by some seller was pretty funny considering this item and this item description. (I hope this Ebayer isn't a member here, as I wouldnt want to bust on a member) :shrug:
(Ps, I'm surprised he didnt have a system meltdown affixing that direct die cooler as he did...

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 228
At first I thought, "Ok, well here's a guy with the resources to build a makeshift waterblock." Then after noticing all that is in the pictures I'm left wondering if he's stupid or possibly a few bits short of a byte. YOu can plainly see the piece that was cut out of the 'waterblock'. Its chilling on the right side of the first large picture, and you'll note that the CPU is still happily clinging to the copper (or is it just the silicone caulking that he used as thermal paste). Last time I checked, silicone caulk isn't all that good at transferring heat.

Sorry, I just felt like ranting. I just hope he didn't try it on a newer model CPU.

UPDATE: I've decided he IS an idiot. Who takes a picture to market their product with the incriminating evidence lying nearly 2 inches away? I wonder what he used to cool his graphics and RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I was looking for water blocks on E-Bay and I came across this one and I just had to post it just to see if yall would think it was a funny as I did :p

It is hard to believe that somebody would even try that one :shrug:

His idea though was good. I mean you can't get the water any closer to the cpu that running it directly over the die, which should cool it better. My guess is he originally somehow fastened the core to the block, but couldn't get it removed so he cut it out. But after cutting it out he figured he would still use it by using caulk on everything but the die to seal it. Thats what the second picture is showing. Only problem is it probably doesn't work. If a professional designed it I'm sure there would be a way to do it and they could make it right.

Uhm, WTF!? I just threw some of that stuff out the other day, lol... I can't believe anyone would have use for that these days. I could build an AthlonXP system for another like $50 on top of that.

OT: House in Denver, w/wife, bring PC

This might help someone here that needs a wife??

FOR $807,211 a man can buy a house in a trendy Denver neighborhood that comes complete with a bride. Deborah Hale, 48, has placed an ad on auction website eBay offering to sell her home in Denver to a compatible man who wants to spend his life with her. "I'm looking for my soul mate," Ms Hale said. Ms Hale lives part-time in the 1910 bungalow-style house and has had about 60 responses.

The deadline for bidding is Valentine's Day next year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-PROPERTY-PR...ryZ12605QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck Bidding..
JJ

=AG=Racer9 said:
The pictures on Ebay changed slightly from the first time i looked at them... and laughed. HMmmmm....

no incriminating evidence anywhere now...
Edit 11-18-05: Browsing my corel paint files looking for another custom poster item to make & found this guys origional CPU Picture, Cpu stuck on the cutout and everything!!

Allute said:
UPDATE: I've decided he IS an idiot. Who takes a picture to market their product with the incriminating evidence lying nearly 2 inches away? I wonder what he used to cool his graphics and RAM.
not unlike that person who was trying to sell his shiny silver teapot, but failed to notice his strange unclothed reflection...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back