• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upcoming PC Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ghostbusters has been gutted compared to the PS3/XBox versions (no online multiplayer as was originally promised, no DLC), and is reported to have SecuROM (I have a suspicion that was Sony's decision, originally Atari said there would be no copy protection), just a heads up for anyone planning to pick it up.

I'm getting the game and plan to put it on its own hard drive (so SecuROM can't mess with anything I care about).

I just bought Prototype this morning for my son's birthday present, he can't open it until tomorrow but I'm dying to play it! Anyone here try it yet?

Ghostbusters has been gutted compared to the PS3/XBox versions (no online multiplayer as was originally promised, no DLC), and is reported to have SecuROM (I have a suspicion that was Sony's decision, originally Atari said there would be no copy protection), just a heads up for anyone planning to pick it up.

I'm getting the game and plan to put it on its own hard drive (so SecuROM can't mess with anything I care about).

I'm happy I pre-ordered it for 360. Plus, I get a sweet stay puft man :)

I'm happy I pre-ordered it for 360. Plus, I get a sweet stay puft man :)
I hadn't heard of that bonus, where'd you preorder it from?

Given the lack of online content for PC I'm hoping this SecuROM won't be quite as intrusive/destructive (I still plan to give the thing its own drive to mess with and jailbreak it when/if possible).

(I must be one of the rare breed who doesn't have a PS3 or Xbox...one of these days when I get a job and some money again...)

I hadn't heard of that bonus, where'd you preorder it from?

Given the lack of online content for PC I'm hoping this SecuROM won't be quite as intrusive/destructive (I still plan to give the thing its own drive to mess with and jailbreak it when/if possible).

(I must be one of the rare breed who doesn't have a PS3 or Xbox...one of these days when I get a job and some money again...)

GameCrazy.

Yeah, will be looking forward to modern warfare two as well... and starcraft2 <is that gonna drop this year or are they gonna push it another couple years, again?

MW 2, L4D 2, Crysis 2, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed 2, Alan Wake, SC: Conviction, Ashes Cricket 09, NBA 2K10, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Bionic Commando...just a few off the top of my head....and console junkies say PC gaming is dying :p

Im kind of pumped for Final Fantasy XIV... itll prolly be an MMO that I get addicted to like heroin.

There should be a rule about using game acronyms. Like if it shares the same initials as 100 other games come up with a new acronym.

Or must be at least 4 words in the title to use an acronym abbreviation.

l4d2 is an easy one, so is COD...

But MW SC? What are they? I know them as Mechwarrior and Sim City. But the "2" versions of those came out in the 90s :p

Okay think I figured out MW based on the release date. Only 2 pages out of 50 its not Man of War (series) or Men of War new game, Or Mechwarrior (series and old game) so Going with Modern Warfare.

No clue about SC :s

Last edited:
There should be a rule about using game acronyms. Like if it shares the same initials as 100 other games come up with a new acronym.

Or must be at least 4 words in the title to use an acronym abbreviation.

l4d2 is an easy one, so is COD...

But MW SC? What are they? I know them as Mechwarrior and Sim City. But the "2" versions of those came out in the 90s :p

Okay think I figured out MW based on the release date. Only 2 pages out of 50 its not Man of War (series) or Men of War new game, Or Mechwarrior (series and old game) so Going with Modern Warfare.

No clue about SC :s
Haha, I'm with you man, I have to think about some of these for quite a while now. "SC" could mean Starcraft, Splinter Cell, Supreme Commander, or Sim City. In this case it means Starcraft 2, I assume.

I remember a friend of mine told me 'I'm playing CS', after I replied that I didnt know that he was a Counter Strike guy, he looked at me like I was the biggest retard in the world and said clear sky you idiot...

SC is always Starcraft. Sup Com is for Supreme Commander. Sim City is also refered to as sc, but it's always like sc 2000, 3000, 4 or sc: socities so there is no mixup. Splinter Cell is the same way. SC: Double Agent, SC: Chaos Theory and so on. CS is is Counterstrike don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ID Softwares Rage, Wolf 09.

Hey, do you think Alan Wake will be more demanding than GTAIV? Oh Max Payne 3 is comming wonder how R* engine will do with that.

Back