• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP to unbrick my GT 630m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iulian1989

Hello all, i own a GT 630m GF108 Rev: A1 2GB and my card suddenly stopped to work. now i got to know, that my vbios is broken. i do not have a clean bios file and i am unable to make a backup with nvflash or gpu-z. maybe somebody can help? i dont want to change my videocard - it would be expansive. thank you in advance!!! i tried nvflash for windows and for dos

Have you searched Tech Power Up for a stock bios file? Do you have a way to flash the card still? Is it your only display adapter or GPU?

yes i searched in their data base but nothing:( its luckily not my display adapter (thats an Intel HD 4000) - its my GPU (for games or smth) i COULD flash the card i think if i get a file^^

im a touch confused, did you try to flash the bios on the GT630m? this is a mobile video card but some of your post, to me anyways indicates desktop.

iulian1989, I just read through the thread and I just want to be clear.

You have a notebook and the video display no longer works. Did you do something that could have caused this issue, such a attempting to flash the BIOS? Is that why you are asking if someone can help you un brick it? If you haven't attempted to flash it and the gpu isn't working chances are it's not the BIOS that's causing the issue. Have you recently downloaded new drivers for it?

Normally, a bios just does not 'brick' unless it was flashed incorrectly. Why are you so sure its the bios? What symptoms is it showing as a corrupt bios you usually do not even get a chance to boot. You are saying you are unable to get the bios file, which to me alludes to the fact that you are in windows/have a picture on the screen....

yes you are right. i werent able to boot, i had to go to a service centre - they flashed me a normal bios. my dicrete gpu - Intel HD 4000 works again, that means, that i can now start him and do everything i want - EXCEPT my NVIDIA 630m everything works. i would need now a VBIOS file and not a BIOS file:)

Well I looked on techpowerup for a VBios for your gpu and couldn't find one. I would bet the problem is the card is bad not the VBios on it.

might be a slight language barrier here, but i think iulian might mean drivers. replace bios with drivers and things to me make more sense. i still feel like there might be some issue with the 630m just not working, as in being overheated or some other damage.

yes you are right. i werent able to boot, i had to go to a service centre - they flashed me a normal bios. my dicrete gpu - Intel HD 4000 works again, that means, that i can now start him and do everything i want - EXCEPT my NVIDIA 630m everything works. i would need now a VBIOS file and not a BIOS file:)
Thank you for being clear.

I googled for your bios and cannot seem to come up with one, sorry. Hopefully someone just happens to have that GPU and comes across this post and can help you... I also hope that actually solves the problem...(not convinced it will, but its the next logical step to me).

GL!

might be a slight language barrier here, but i think iulian might mean drivers. replace bios with drivers and things to me make more sense. i still feel like there might be some issue with the 630m just not working, as in being overheated or some other damage.
He clarified above...:)

then im confused on what vbios is vs bios? cause either way in the first post it sounded like he needed the bios for his video card. im still on the thought there is something wrong with the card it self and does in fact not needs bios. why they would "flash" to a normal bios, what ever they may mean. as they only make one bios for whole product line, even others using that same board. the only difference would be is the video signal being routed from the add-in gpu vs on-package(aka cpu video). removing the add-in, the board should then use the on-package video.

Im with you Evil... not sure what he means. It could be drivers but he clarified bios... Iunno... :(

Back