• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Purchase Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

molecule

Registered
I'm building a system for my wife, and we're down to choosing a video card. I've narrowed it down to three that are in our price range (around $100). Which do you think would be the best?

Sapphire 9600 NP
Gainward GeforceFX 5600 XT
EVGA GeforceFX 5200 Ultra

All three have 128MB DDR RAM and support up to 8x AGP (her mobo only has a 4x slot though).

She really only plays EQ, but I want to get her a good card to keep her options open. Those three are all decent cards for $109 at newegg.com, but I really wasn't sure how they compared to each other.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just realized I posted this in the nVidia section... wrong forum, but maybe some of you can still help? Sorry bout that!

I would prolly go for the 9600. It's going to give you a better bang for the buck. Better overall performance, even though it's not a 9600 pro. It'll prolly outperform the 5600 in most dx9 games, and it'll definitely smoke the 5200.

Get the cheapest you can find of those three. Any one of those will play EQ just fine.

Back