• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help...preparing first watercool build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamakasi

Ok there are soooo many pumps out there. I am not sure at all what to get. Looking for a decentallly priced one.

Setup is and will be just so i dont have to get bigger pump in future

AMD PHenom II x4 955 BE
2x4gb g.skill 1333mhz ddr3 (will be four sticks at some point in time)
460 GTX vid card (will be gettting a new one at some time to wc)
asus m5a97 r2.0

What i probally will end up wcing by the end of time

CPU, RAM, and ONE video card

Thinking i need two radiators but im more worried about the pump at this point. This pump needs to be reasonably priced like a said. Im on a budget but wanna get this thing under way or at least watch classifieds in case one pops up for a good deal

Thanks
Rusty

if any other info is needed lmk

You know it's funny I've read many stickies on many sites but not this one's. Ill get back to you shortly.

just to straighten out my reading in the WC begginers guide when they say 120.1 and 120.2 are they saying 120 and 240mm rads pretty much?

Save your money on cooling the ram ...... they don't need it unless it is just for bling. This just adds restriction in the loop, better to put your money saved towards a good pump.

Nope. Please read the sticky on Heat too, we have many stickies.

WCing that GPU isn't worth it unless you go GPU chip only watercooling and use it on the next card. Not as elegant, but it works.

Just continue reading and learning, you'll be fine.

Back